Okomfo Anokye Rural Bank Plc has a vacant position for Head of Internal Audit.
Develop and implement an effective and adequate internal control system ensuring resources are safeguarded, records are accurate and reliable and work is done efficiently and orderly in compliance with the bank’s policies, banking regulations and internal audit standards.
The successful applicant will be part of the Executive Management Committee and report to the Board Sub- Committee on Audit and Governance.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Banking Law, the companies Code, 1963 (Act 179), as well as directives and procedures established by Bank of Ghana, ARB Apex Bank and the policies of the bank.
- Appraise, from time to time, the effectiveness of internal controls in place and propose new controls for the consideration of the Board’s Audit & Governance Sub-Committee.
- Assist management in improving the risk management process, control environment and operational efficiency across the bank, including governance and operations and create a control environment that will detect and avoid any fraud.
- Assist the Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities to the Bank.
- Develop a comprehensive annual internal audit programme for the bank and perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit programme.
- Conduct investigations on any irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention in the Bank.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Perform any other duties as required or are consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department with the approval of the Audit Committee or the Chief Executive Officer.
Required Skills or Experience
- Highly analytical critical, and pays attention to details
- Proactive, innovative and dynamic problem solver
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing competencies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or related field
- At least 5 years’ continuous post-qualification experience in Internal Audit / Compliance /Forensics and Banking Operations preferably in the banking sector with 2 years’ experience at the managerial level
- Very conversant with T24 Banking Software.
- Professional qualification in Accounting or Banking (ACCA, ACIB, ICAG, CIT, CIA,) is a pre-requisite for the position.
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy At Okomfo Anokye Rural Bank Plc
Interested applicants should send their applications and CV with 3 professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th September, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE