IFDC is a multinational and independent non-profit organization with over 46 years of experience in profitable and sustainable crop production approaches by combining sound research and innovative technologies in integrated soil fertility management, better climate adaptation and sustainable natural resource management practices, including integrated pest management approaches and development of inclusive market systems resilience.
IFDC is market leader in agro-inputs and smallholder farmers’ productivity optimization in many developing countries in Africa and Asia. IFDC has over the years built a solid network of agro- input producers, dealers, farmers, farmer-based organizations, off-takers, and processers around the globe.
IFDC has the latest job vacancy for an assistant agronomist.
FERARI is undertaking trials on fertilizer yield response for Maize, Rice, and Soybean across agroecological zones in Ghana, and for that matter, is constantly engaging researchers from various institutions. Whilst the data on crops collected by different researchers under FERARI is related, it is also important to minimize human errors and data inconsistencies prior to integrated analysis.
Therefore, FERARI has developed a unified data collection template, which includes information on the author or researcher, site, crop, climatic information, soil characteristics, fertilization, and agronomic practices, such that field trial data would be uniform across all researchers working on the same crop to improve data analysis.
The template is in the form of a spreadsheet of tables. However, we seek to implement the template in a smart data collection system backed by a relational database, to automate the data consolidation process at a central data store. The candidate’s
key roles are to:
- Co-Design or use already designed Entity Relation Diagram (ERD) for the data collection template.
Enter all related data set into the designed data template
- Support any other related activities under FERARI
- She will review the data collection template prior to the design of ERD and implementation in a spatial database environment.
At the end of the research, the student shall produce a working data collection system, and a report to FERARI on this research. The student would also be assisted to produce a research article that can be published in a scientific journal for our wider international audience.
- Support development of thematic capability statements for the region
- Identify new funding opportunities for the BD team
- Play key role in concept notes development, taking minutes and action points
- Contribute to discussions and report writing
- A graduate in Soil Science, and any other related subjects from accredited institutions
- Has appreciable knowledge and skills in upstream agricultural raw materials quality and safety management
- Good communication in English (both writing and speaking) and presentation skills
- Some competency in French is a plus but not a must.
- Proposal writing skills is plus
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy For Assistant Agronomist at IFDC
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 26 September, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE