There is a new Job Vacancy For Security Officer At AfCFTA. AfCFTA is seeking the service of a Security Officer. The purpose of this position is to ensure the security of the AfCFTA Assets and also the security and safety of all the officials, staffs and delegates working or visiting the AfCFTA Secretariat
- Monitor and research on the state of the security
- Monitor the state of security preparedness
- Update “security information system”
- Establish regular contacts taking reports and analyzing developments regarding security
- Research current collateral security information from media, from the field and other sources on a daily basis
- Analyze accumulated information and maintain a continuous picture of evolving local, national and regional events affecting the security of staff
Apply For: Career at Canadian Feed the Children
- Monitor predictive indicators and early warning type information;
- Identify security, crime, political and military trends that would increase risk to staff
- Coordinate the draft of periodic and incidental reports
- Supervise the draft of a daily security developments report
- Prepare first draft briefs, notes, reports, studies and recommendation on critical issues of interest to senior management decision-making
- Follow up on the accumulation of data input for period trend reports
- Review first draft after-action reports following all incidents
- Monitor security-related preparedness and compliance of the organ
- Monitor the security planning and preparedness
- Determine if the appropriate equipment and resources are on hand to implement a Security Plan, particularly vehicles and emergency communication systems;
- Check that the information contained in Security Plan has been properly distributed to all staff and that key individuals are aware of and capable of performing all required actions
- Undertake or participate in security missions, as required, including high risk, to perform security assessments
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor(s)
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security Studies or related studies and Police or Military Studies with 5 years’ relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Security Studies or related studies with 2 years experience.
Supervisory experience not mandatory but an added advantage
See Also: Exciting Job Opportunity At AUCDT
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multi-tasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of common computer applications and systems;
- Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong program/project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
- Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
How To Submit An Application For new Job Vacancy For Security Officer At AfCFTA
Apply by clicking on this Link
Closing Date: January 26, 2023.