Johnson & Johnson Job Recruitment. They are looking to hire a Director of External Affairs, HIV and others. The Director of External Affairs, HIV and other, in close coordination with GPH colleagues within Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy (WWGA&P), the HIV and Mental Health Franchises, Market Access, Global Strategic Partnerships, Communications, and other relevant functions, guides and coordinates strategic engagement with external global collaborators.
HE/She leads policy and advocacy work to support HIV and Mental Health access goals. However, This position reports to the Senior Director of External Affairs and will have a “dotted” reporting line to the Sr. Government Affairs & Policy lead for Global Public Health (WWGA&P).
- To begin with, Lead the development and execution of external engagement strategies with global partners in support of access and policy goals for HIV and mental health. Collaborators may include multilateral organizations, donor governments, foundations, implementing organizations, think tanks, advocacy groups, public-private partnerships, etc.
- Secondly, Lead cross-functional efforts to secure multi- and bilateral funding for the procurement of J&J innovations to enhance access in lower-income countries, with input from and in close collaboration with relevant functions.
- Thirdly, Build strong relationships and serve as the first point of contact for prioritized external partners in assigned disease/product areas.
- Also, Monitor the external policy environment in assigned areas and provide updates and recommendations to the relevant disease/product teams and the External Affairs Task Force.
- Moreover, Develop and coordinate internal alignment on J&J/GPH positions on key topics relevant to assigned areas.
- In addition, Provide J&J input into external policy and strategy processes such as partner consultations, trade association documents, external policy briefs, UN resolutions, etc. as relevant to the GPH policy agenda for HIV and mental health.
- More so, Provide (HIV and mental health) input for GPH events and leadership engagements in major external events such as the World Health Assembly to advance the GPH external affairs agenda.
- Afterward, Lead (internal) External Affairs Working Groups in assigned areas – where relevant – to coordinate external engagement.
- Last but not the least, Provide external affairs thought leadership in assigned topic areas.
- Finally, Enhance J&J’s reputation as a trusted private sector partner in global public health.
- Required education is a BA; preferred education is a Master’s degree in public policy, global health policy, or related field
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in global health policy, advocacy, government affairs, global health program management, or related field is required.
- Experience within HIV is required
- Understanding of global health policy and international architecture
- Track record of working effectively with diverse global health partners
- Excellent networking and diplomatic skills required. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required.
- Proven ability to research and draft clear, logical, compelling and concise documents and positions in English and articulate them effectively to influence key stakeholders and senior leaders as required.
- Healthcare industry experience within South Africa or Sub Saharan Africa is required
- Excellent verbal, representational and written communication skills required.
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams is required. Project management experience preferred.
- Lastly, Demonstrated success at developing collaborative and effective relationships in complex, highly matrixed organizations required.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Nigeria; South Africa; Ghana
How To Apply – Johnson & Johnson Job Recruitment
Closing Date: 8th May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE