Jumia Group Opens New Job Application. A Transport Planning Associate is needed for employment at Jumia group.
The position holder will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments).
Hub Transport Management:
- Fistly, Managing co-loader contracts and assisting to negotiate with fleet contractors for better pricing:
- Also, Dispute solving and MIS maintenance
- Thereafter, Planning initiatives for reduction in fleet contractors’ cost
- In addition, Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- To conclude, Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
Return Shipment Management:
- To begin with, Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors’ distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Also, Share DRTV plan for 3PL partner based on forward load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage handover
- Lastly, Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub
- Firstly, Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at network
- Secondly, Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Thirdly, Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at network – RCA done for exact issue
- Finally, Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of shipments
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 3 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Good understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
- Ability to lead large and remote teams
- Hardworking, result oriented, methodical, very structured;
- Pro-active, both autonomous and team player, Flexible; high analytical skills;
How To Apply – Jumia Group Opens New Job Application
Closing Date: 8th May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE