Here is the latest Employment Opportunity at Abt Associates.
Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening will strengthen service delivery systems to attain measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of vulnerable populations in northern Ghana, particularly for reproductive-aged women and children under five years old. The activity will work to achieve three main objectives:
- Local governments plan, finance, and deliver services that respond to the population’s needs,
- Local government, non-governmental, and private entities collectively implement solutions to attain measurable improvements in nutrition and resilience, and
- Citizens influence local service delivery to respond to their needs.
Over five years, across 17 districts in the Northern, Upper West, North East, and Upper East regions of Northern Ghana, Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening will improve the nutritional status and resilience of vulnerable populations through the health; agriculture; water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH); and education sectors by enhancing local governance systems, optimizing resources to catalyze greater access to social services, and transforming the capacities of institutions to scale service delivery. The Activity includes a grant program that will catalyze investment, expand sustainable multisectoral nutrition and resilience programming, and mobilize communities to demand quality services and participate in local planning processes in northern Ghana.
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Driver for the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. The Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening Activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
See Also: New Job Vacancy At Royal Dutch Airlines
Under the supervision of the Operations and Logistics Manager, the Driver is responsible for the transportation of project staff and maintenance of transportation equipment required for the implementation of project activities in northern Ghana.
This position will be based in Tamale, Wa and Bolgatanga
- Drive program vehicles throughout Ghana for project work, at all times ensuring the safety of passengers and vehicle and adhering to stringent organizational policies and regulations regarding driving and vehicle use.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites.
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Ensure that vehicle usage log is updated daily and submitted monthly.
- Prepare monthly fuel consumption report is submitted as required.
- Ensure regular maintenance of the vehicle, and that fluids (water, oil, fuel, washer liquid, etc.) levels are at required levels.
- Report any apparent vehicle malfunction to the supervisor.
- Report any damage or accident to the supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that the vehicle is safely parked and locked when not in use.
- Maintain the project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs, and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
Required Skills or Experience
What We Value
- High School / Secondary School Diploma.
- Clean Driver’s License preferable license B.
- Over 3 years driving experience working as a driver; experience with donor-funded projects is preferred.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects and experience within the Norther part of Ghana.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
- Presentable and able to interact professionally with partners and clients.
How To Apply For The Latest Employment Opportunity at Abt Associates
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
About Abt Associates
At Abt Associates, our commitment to creating a more equitable society for populations around the world starts from within. We understand how communities can flourish when people are given the right resources and support, and at Abt we continuously strive to cultivate a culture where there are no barriers to personal and professional fulfilment.
Our welcoming and inclusive environment, our stance on employee wellbeing and flexibility, our deliberate approach towards expanding our talent representation, and our Employee Networking Groups are just some of the ways we ensure that everyone at Abt can thrive. With an eye towards continuous improvement, we know there’s always more to be done. And we’re set on doing it.