Below is the most recent employment opportunity at Jhpiego.
Jhpiego is seeking a Consultant who will support the training of healthcare workers in Ghana in infection prevention & control (IPC), water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) to manage mild to moderate COVID-19 patients in clinical settings. This training will be for healthcare workers across the country.
The training will involve giving didactic lectures and hands-on skills training. The training is under the USAID COVID-19 Test-to-Treat project that is aimed in part at strengthening and providing an enhanced capacity of Health Care Workers in Infection Prevention and Control, (IPC) & Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Health care facilities managing mild and moderate cases of COVID -19 in Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a curriculum for Infection Prevention and Control for Health Care Workers in the Ghana Health Service with a focus on Covid-19.
- Develop and provide training on the implementation of SOPs on Infection Prevention & Control (IPC), Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) to manage COVID-19 patients in clinical settings
- Provide a schedule for the training of the healthcare workers which will include didactic lectures, seminars, practical sessions, and tutorials.
- Provide hands-on skills training on IPC for healthcare workers on mild, moderate, and severe COVID-19 patients.
- Develop and implement process monitoring logs, i.e., number of clients, eligibility, and successful treatment dispensation
- Support forecasting and supply chain strengthening to ensure the safety of healthcare workers and service continuity.
- Create a network of healthcare teams in the regions who can obtain support and knowledge management from the National Case Management Team on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC), Water Sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), in healthcare settings managing mild to moderate COVID-19 disease in Ghana.
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to facilities that have received this training.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a medical doctor, or Nurse with training in anesthesia and intensive care, infectious disease, or emergency medicine/nursing
- Must be at the level of a fellow in Public Health and intensive care, infectious disease, Critical care or emergency medicine, or nursing
- Must be a certified trainer in BLS, and Infection Prevention and Control
- Must be an expert in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- Must have more than 5 years of working experience in the management of acute and infectious patients in Ghana
- Must be familiar with the management of mild, moderate, and severe COVID-19 patients
- It is an added advantage if such a person is a member of the National Case Management Team for COVID-19 in Ghana.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage
- Familiarity with Ghana Health Systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation regions and health facilities
How To Apply For The Latest Employment Opportunity at Jhpiego
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: GH-Recruitments@jhpiego.org
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All Jhpiego staff members, regardless of their level of responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the Jhpiego mission and values
- Participate in the business development process
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Jhpiego Corporation is an equal opportunities employer.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE