Below is the most recent job opportunity at Innovations for Poverty Action.
IPA is seeking a highly skilled and experienced consultant to provide training on motivational interviewing techniques to health personnel in Ghana. The aim of this project is to enhance COVID-19 vaccination rates by improving communication among healthcare professionals to dispel misinformation, address vaccine hesitancy and improve Covid-19 vaccine uptake.
The consultant will be responsible for designing and delivering a comprehensive training program on motivational interviewing specifically tailored to the context of COVID-19 vaccination. The training will focus on equipping doctors with the necessary skills and strategies to effectively engage with patients, address their concerns, and promote vaccine acceptance through motivational interviewing techniques.
- Reports to: Associate Research Manager
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluate and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought significant challenges to nations across the globe, with Ghana being no exception. The rollout of vaccines in the country has been an essential step towards curbing the spread of this disease. However, vaccine acceptance among Ghanaians remains an issue that needs attention.
Despite efforts by health authorities to sensitize the population about the importance of vaccination, there still exists reluctance among some individuals due to misinformation surrounding vaccine safety or efficacy. This makes it particularly important for stakeholders such as government officials, traditional leaders, religious leaders, and healthcare providers to work together toward improving the vaccination rates against Covid-19.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Training Program Development: Support the design of a comprehensive training program on motivational interviewing techniques, incorporating relevant theory, practical exercises, case studies, and interactive sessions. The program should be culturally sensitive and address the unique context and challenges of COVID-19 vaccination in Ghana.
- Delivery of training: Work with the Principal Investigators to facilitate an engaging and interactive training session for health staff, ensuring active participation and knowledge retention. The training should cover key concepts of motivational interviewing, effective communication strategies, addressing vaccine hesitancy, and practical skills development on motivational interviewing.
- Training evaluation: Develop evaluation methods to assess the impact and effectiveness of the training program. Collecting feedback from participants and analyzing the results to identify areas of improvement and measure the training’s success in improving doctors’ motivational interviewing skills and their impact on vaccination rates.
- Training materials and resources: Developing and providing relevant training materials, resources, and job aids that can be used by health staff to reinforce their learning and apply motivational interviewing techniques in their daily practice.
Required Skills or Experience
- Extensive experience in delivering training on motivational interviewing techniques or related communication skills in the healthcare sector.
- Strong knowledge of motivational interviewing theory, principles, and applications, particularly in the context of healthcare and vaccine acceptance.
- Familiarity with the challenges and cultural dynamics surrounding COVID-19 vaccination in Ghana or similar settings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and motivate diverse audiences.
- Experience in evaluating training effectiveness and implementing improvements based on feedback.
- A collaborative approach, with the ability to work closely with stakeholders, including healthcare professionals and project coordinators.
How To Apply For The New Job Opportunity At Innovations for Poverty Action
If you are a highly motivated consultant with a proven track record in delivering motivational interviewing training in the healthcare sector and are passionate about making a difference in COVID-19 vaccination efforts, we invite you to submit your proposal outlining your qualifications, approach, and cost estimate for this project to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name and Motivational interviewing Consultant as the subject.
Please take note of the following instructions
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are found.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, IPA only contacts shortlisted candidates.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to email@example.com
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE