Our mission is to secure and manage Ubuntu on IoT devices globally. With billions of connected devices running Linux, we think the opportunity for Ubuntu is enormous, and we will need a high-performance, scalable management system to ensure they are healthy, up to date, and doing what they should be doing! Our device management and telemetry team is building a cloud-native solution for large-scale estate and fleet management, ultimately aiming to be the industry standard for devices of every category.
Here is the latest job vacancy at Canonical. This is an opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open-source software, Linux, and web services at scale.
Canonical’s engineering team are at the forefront of the IoT revolution. Ubuntu is the number one Linux for IoT, and with Ubuntu Core we have set the pace for device security. We are now working to expand our portfolio with industry-leading, secure, auditable and reliable telemetry services.
The right candidate will be part of the team that will provide the backbone to our expanding IoT market, enhancing both our on-prem offering as well as scaling to a global cloud-based platform.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team.
- Write scalable service APIs in Python and Golang to provide telemetry services.
- Develop observability, remote logging, data acquisition, alert and notification, and edge processing capabilities
- Work with our infrastructure team to develop both a cloud-based SaaS offering as well as a containerised local on-prem solution.
- Design and implement new features and enhancements from spec to production at scale.
- Review code and technical designs produced by other engineers.
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions.
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events.
Who you are
- You love technology and working with a diverse set of talented people.
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable.
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated.
- You have a broad technology base but favor backend code and infrastructure.
- You have a good understanding of cybersecurity and the challenges of the IoT environment.
- You have knowledge and experience of telemetry systems including data streaming technologies, observability and monitoring systems, and the application of security/IAM models to such systems.
- You have proficiency in developing tooling and libraries, and the design and implementation of back-end web services, messaging/data pipelines, and REST APIs using python and/or Golang
- You are comfortable with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform.
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree.
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu. Canonical is a unique tech company – global, remote-first, open source, with 1000+ professionals across 70+ countries. We want to be the world’s best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
What Canonical offers:
- Work from home
- Learning and development allowances
- Competitive Salary
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Generous annual leave
- Paid maternity, paternity and sick leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Exposure to international business and technology
How To Apply For The Latest Job Vacancy At Canonical
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE