Hapag-Lloyd is recruiting a Manager for Business Administration. You will oversee and supervise all activities of the business administration department ensuring the integrity of processes, internal controls, bookkeeping and cost savings strategies
- Consciously establishes a culture that encourages customer focus, individual development, efficiency, and collaboration and creates an environment for process improvements.
- Upholds and ensures that all Hapag-Lloyd policies and procedures are followed and maintained
Check Also: New Job Opportunity At First National Bank
Job Specification – Key Accountabilities:
- Completion of monthly financial reporting according to the Hapag-Lloyd GAP accounting policies.
- Prepare and submit annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Manage cash flow within the company guidelines and perform accurate liquidity forecast.
- Approval and submission of monthly cost-plus schedules.
- Provide monthly commentary on deviations against budget and forecast on the cost-plus schedule.
- Manage and oversee external and internal audits and ensure unqualified report is received.
- Ensure total Compliance to Hapag Lloyd global standards and policies as well as local regulatory laws.
- Coordinate monthly payroll functions.
- Ensure statutory requirements (Self-Assessment, VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE and SSNIT) are met and timely.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable within the company guidelines.
- Maintain relationship with Auditors, Banks, clients’ financial representative and other actors.
- Ensure that proper reconciliation is prepared on all general ledger accounts.
- Provide backup for month-end operational/overhead accruals.
- Provide commentary on monthly KPI’s – DSO and DPO.
- Review and authorize payments and beneficiaries on internet banking.
- Ensure all SOP’s under the control checklist are adhered to strictly.
- Ensure registration requirements are kept current at all times and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Securing statutory clearance certificates such as TCC, SSNIT clearance etc.
- Coordinating to secure and renew GIPC quota allocation.
- Coordinating and securing equity remittance confirmations from Bank of Ghana.
- Ensure insurance covers for assessed risks are maintained up to date.
- Carry out annual performance appraisals with BA department
- Coach and develop individual staff in Business Administration department.
Apply For: DS Construction Limited New Job Opening
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completing monthly overhead reports on or before 26th of the month.
- Preparing and submitting annual budget by 17th of August.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly forecast FC1, FC2 & FC3 on or before end of March, June and September respectively.
- Submit cost-plus schedules on or before scheduled deadlines.
- Manage DSO and DPO within Region target of 14.0 for DSO and 45.0 for DPO.
- File statutory tax returns per below deadlines
- VAT – end of ensuing month
- Withholding tax – 15th of ensuing month
- PAYE – 15th of ensuing month
- SSNIT – 14th of ensuing month
- Provident fund – 14th of ensuing month
- Annual Corporate final tax – on or before end of April
- Self-assessment (Provisional Corporate Tax) – March, June, September and December for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter respectively.
- Ensure all customer payments are correctly allocated to outstanding invoices.
- Timely recovery of overdue balances from customers.
- Ensure credit customers settles balances per agreed terms.
- Ensure customer accounts are reconciled and ageing balances cleaned-up.
- Ensure vendors balances are settled according to agreed payment terms.
- Ensure port dues for partner slot sharing is invoiced with 2 days of receiving approved invoice from Opx.
- Ensure partner SOA reconciliation is done on or before 20 of ensuing month with overdue balance recovered.
- Setting exchange rate in FIS before 10 am.
- Maintain appropriate schedules for all balance sheet accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure minimal open items on balance sheet GLs. Target is maximum of 10 items.
Critical Qualifications/ Skills Experience:
University degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of user application systems and Proficient in EXCEL
- Fluent in English
- SAP and Policies & Procedures
- Highly analytic and independent way of working
- Ability to present complex correlations in a clear way
- Team player / Flexible / Cooperative
- Solid Communication skills
How To Submit An Application For Manager Business Administrations At Hapag-Lloyd
Apply now by clicking on this Button
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE