AngloGold Ashanti Limited is seeking the services of a Mine Captain-Operations who is an experienced and self-motivated person to join their dedicated team.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
DETAILS OF THE JOB AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
- JOB POSTING : MINE CAPTAIN – OPERATIONS
- DEPARTMENT : MINING
- STRATUM OF ROLE : II H
- EMPLOYMENT STATUS : FULL-TIME
- CLOSING DATE : 18TH AUGUST 202
To implement safe mining strategies, policies, and procedures for effective exploitation of underground geological blocks.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
- Proactively work to support main mining contractor and to supervise contractor operations to meet monthly targets within our operational standards
- Establish and implement the necessary Mine Development QA, QC, Risk Management and Contractor engagement processes and procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine and being operationally ready.
- Ensure that all underground operational works are carried out in a safe and conducive manner
- Develop, manage and implement schedules to meet timelines and to productively engage stakeholders for alignment and risk mitigation.
- Effectively manage Labour and Resources to meet set targets
- Implement safe mining strategies and procedures to offer specific conditions on all tasks for safe skipping operations, underground railway haulage operations, conveyor operations, transportation of men and materials with shaft conveyance and its environs and all stipulated schedules for effective shaft management.
- Ensure that all shaft banks, shaft stations and surface yards are properly house kept and legally compliant
- Implement strategies of reducing cost by offering a prudent material usage, Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Mine Development Outputs.
- Ensure effective and legally approved contractor management systems that complies with AGA cooperate and regulatory standards.
- Any other as appropriately and Legally assigned
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Diploma / B.Sc. degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in underground mine operations and contractor management.
- Mine Captain’s Certificate of Competency or equivalent, as required by the Minerals Commission (Chief Inspector of Mines)
- Safety (Basic Application)
- Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
- Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures
- Mining construction works processes & practices
- Understands mining Construction works processes and actively contributes in part to delivery of the expected outcome / service the mining processes deliver.
- Has demonstrated the ability to apply technical skills and/or delivery of a service within Construction works
- Can identify potential problems and propose solutions for higher approval.
- Directly responsible for delivering a production aspect of the Construction works plan.
- Understands good Construction works practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance
- Contract management (basic application)
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager
- Project Management (basic application)
- Understands AGA project management standards and has applied them in a minor project
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results
How To Apply For The Mine Captain – Operations Position at AngloGold Ashanti
Interested Ghanaians should view the full adverts and submit applications, with detailed CV.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce and strongly encourage females to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH AUGUST 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE