AngloGold Ashanti has once again posted a job opportunity in search of a dedicated Mining Engineer – Project to join their team to grow together.
DETAILS OF THE ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI JOB
- JOB POSTING : MINING ENGINEER – PROJECT
- DEPARTMENT : CAPITAL PROJECT
- STRATUM OF ROLE : IIL
- EMPLOYMENT STATUS : FIXED TERM
- CLOSING DATE : 21ST AUGUST 2023
The Mining Engineer – Project will manage the development, co-ordination, performance, maintenance and improvement of mining infrastructure works at specified locations and on allocated projects. He will also ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s) while coordinating with project team and site management on status, significant trends, and changes of approved projects.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative.
- Manage the development, co-ordination, performance, management, maintenance and improvement of mining infrastructure works at specified locations and on allocated projects.
- Understudy Mine Captains.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s).
- Coordinate with project team and site management on status, significant trends, and changes of approved projects.
- Establish the working relationship with operations management needed to facilitate the coordination and execution of project work, such that the operational impact is minimized.
- Ensure safety and QA/QC programs are established by all parties and maintained and conduct reviews of detailed design, drawing and specifications.
- Assist with project QA/QC and commissioning systems and documentation.
- Maintain effective and on-going communications with construction and contractor management teams.
- Assist in developing plans for progress and growth, including best practice and technology.
- Risk management, including monitoring performance against targets, to achieve maximum profitability by providing savings in operational costs.
- Contribute to training and development of the team and in relation to specific projects.
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the success of access rehabilitation, stripping, construction and development (where necessary) activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Diploma / BSc. Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years post-graduation experience in mining projects and (or) mine planning
- Shift Boss’ Certificate of Competency is an added advantage
- Broad range of technical skills relevant to underground mining
- Must have the capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound tactical decisions
- Familiarity with Mining Software (Surpac/AutoCad)
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive operational improvements as required.
- Planning (Advanced Application): Understanding of good mine planning processes and the ability to drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the success of access rehabilitation, stripping, construction and development (where necessary) activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
- Efficient organisation and coordination of Project materials & resources to meet set targets.
- Resources forecasted, planned and arrival scheduled to prevent Project delays.
- Provide leadership and support for the entire team to achieve sectional goals
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Teamwork, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
How To Apply For The Mining Engineer – Project Position at AngloGold Ashanti
Interested Ghanaians should view the details of the full advert on the company’s career page and submit applications, with detailed CV
CLOSING DATE: 21ST AUGUST 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE