Warc Africa has a job vacancy and is looking for great candidates who aren’t afraid to face challenges and want to make an impact in their life and that of others! This role is specifically for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer, who will develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) procedures for Warc’s internal and client-facing projects.
As the incumbent, you will be working closely with Warc’s management, Data Analyst, and field team. You’ll be based in Accra, Ghana, but will travel frequently to Warc’s project areas, mainly in Ghana’s Upper West Region.
See Also:Job Opportunity At Barry Callebaut
- Design logical frameworks, develop indicators and monitoring strategies for projects.
- Monitor project activities and overall progress on achievement of results.
- Design and implement impact measurement activities, incl. methodologies, survey questionnaires, focus group discussions and key informant interview guidelines.
- Ensure data collection processes are functioning in all project locations to provide quality data and information within deadlines.
- Review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and adjust as needed.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites and be the primary MEL resource to the field team.
- Recruit, train and supervise enumerators.
- Communicate information obtained through MEL activities and produce reports to Warc’s management and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners.
See Also: Latest Job Vacancy At CARE
Warc is excited to have a driven, talented, and hardworking person join our team. We can teach many of the necessary technical skills, but it is very important for the person to have a strong interest in technology, agriculture, and rural development to succeed in this role. A suitable candidate will have the following characteristics:
Required skills and qualifications:
- A willingness to work in a start-up environment. This includes the ability to see what problem needs to be solved and being the one to make it happen.
- Belief in business approaches to development and supporting the growth of farmers (essential)
- A relevant degree in data management, analytics, business administration, economics or a related field.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies, e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and report writing
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work without constant supervision
- Applicants should have the drive, confidence, and creativity to get the job done
- A willingness and availability to travel to remote areas, including our project sites in Ghana’s Upper West Region
- Experience working in donor-funded projects
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software, like Stata, R, SPSS
- Experience in working in a highly cross-cultural environment
- Function independently with minimal supervision and self-motivation
- Ability and license to ride a motorbike
How To Apply For a New Job Vacancy At Warc Africa
Send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address your cover letter to “HR at Warc Africa” and name the position in the email subject line.
Deadline: August 31st 2023 or until the position is filled.
The expected start date is immediate. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE