There is a fresh employment opportunity at ACDI/VOCA.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Buyer Linkages Specialist position. The position will be based in Accra and reporting to the GTI SME and Entrepreneurship Development Director.
The Buyer Linkages Specialist will be responsible for providing technical implementation support in Component C of the GTI activity, primarily in the areas of export market development, trade show participation, international marketing, and customer relationship management.
Working with other members of the Component C Team, the Buyer Linkages Specialist will maintain ongoing post trade event follow up with GTI’s stakeholder SMEs to ensure B2B matches translate to sustainable sales and achieve the key results required under contract.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Buyer Linkages Specialist will:
- Provide technical assistance and support to GTI/GEPA-sponsored exporters, other associations, and individual SMEs to increase sales, and especially exports.
- Support Ghanaian SMEs’ participation in international trade shows and buyer trade missions/meetings in all areas needed to increase sales and exports. Assistance may include: developing and engaging with buyer contacts, providing market and sales coaching and training, preparing marketing materials and samples for presentation, and assisting in follow-up with contacts through and beyond sales and delivery.
- Facilitate relationships with foreign buyers, including coordinating Ghanaian trade missions/meetings to buyers and buyer trips to Ghana.
- Provide market intelligence to Objective C Team and Ghanaian exporters on a broad range of areas as needed, including: product trends, marketing strategy, booth design, packaging and label design, and brand development.
- Conduct targeted market research (for example, via the Internet, by direct inquiries, through literature reviews, trade show/mission contacts, and local interviews) on new markets, potential buyers and investors, product trends, market requirements, marketing strategy, etc., and package and relay this information to Ghanaian SMEs in each value chain.
- In coordination with the MEL Team, track progress of stakeholder SMEs on key results, including income, employment, exports, and investment.
- Provide input to GTI annual work plans, weekly reports, quarterly and annual reports, success stories, briefs, and any other communication needs requested by the GTI management.
- Identify export related training needs and assist in organizing training workshops and webinars through appropriate STTA or BDS providers.
- Gain an understanding of export requirements in each target market and prepare this information in a readable format for exporters. Research and address any related questions by Ghanaian exporters.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a BA or BSc Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Agribusiness or a similar discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible international business or markets experience helping companies sell into new markets.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating sales from international agricultural and processed food trade shows.
- Proven experience and results working with private sector importers and buyers.
- Direct experience in market research, marketing, import/export, customer service and relationship management.
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines, excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently and with teams.
- Product design, booth design, and graphic design experience a plus.
- Strong writing and speaking skills in English.
- Ability to travel and work outside Accra
How To Apply For The New Employment Opportunity At ACDI/VOCA
Please submit a resume and cover letter (in one pdf document) to email@example.com by Monday, July 31, 2023. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and cover letter shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.