Process & Plant Automation Ltd. has advertised a new job vacancy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Procurement Officer is responsible for executing purchasing activities within the supply chain process and ensuring that purchased items are cost-efficient and of high quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, review and monitor the procurement process of all orders until they are closed
- Source for goods and services from credible and appropriate suppliers while maintaining ethical and responsible sourcing practices that are in accordance with statutory and company regulations
- Analyze local or import purchase requisitions from all departments taking project timelines into consideration.
- Create appropriate purchase orders for suppliers, including purchasing analysis, item identification while ensuring all purchases are in line with statutory and company requirements
- Ensure orders conform to supplier agreements and contracts
- Manage relationship with suppliers to ensure satisfaction of both parties
- Manage external customer order acknowledgement process using appropriate tools
- Prepare order tracking schedules for all purchases
- Resolve supplier pricing discrepancies and conflicts
- Interface with manager to plan and set priorities for purchasing activities
- Coordinate with the Finance department on order payments and regularization of order transactions
- Arrange for appropriate modes of delivery of items purchased while considering cost effective methods
- Develop and maintain the company’s supplier database in respect of all conditions of engagement.
- Advice management of supplier performance and propose new and discovered suppliers for consideration
- Collaborate with the Procurement Supervisor to conduct supplier audits
- Coordinate testing of goods and hand over goods to appropriate stakeholder
- Perform any other duties as assigned. oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality
- Uphold the Quality Management System (QMS) and work in conformance with the procedures as specified in the Departmental Manual
Required Skills or Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel
- Good negotiation skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields; Supply Chain, Procurement, Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, or any other relevant field in Social Science
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar role
How To Apply For The New Job Advert At Process & Plant Automation Ltd.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE