- Are you a Health & Safety Officer with a minimum of 5years of broad industry experience in underground mining?
- Are you seeking a role in an organisation that assist in building, implementing and overseeing the Health and Safety programs and initiatives for the underground operations?
We are looking for someone who approaches work with commitment, honesty and integrity to join the Ahafo Underground Health & Safety team.
Health & Safety Standard, Procedural and Program Development
- Facilitate the development and review of Health and Safety standards and procedures, in accordance with site, Newmont and local Ghanaian regulations and legislation.
- Work with the underground management to design, develop and administer Newmont programs that link to the current Health and Safety strategy to protect employees from workplace hazards and prevent incidents/accidents.
- Facilitate and promote the adoption of new Health and Safety programs and practices.
Health & Safety Operational Execution
Facilitate inspections to verify that Health and Safety requirements and governmental legislation is being followed at all times.
- Provide technical expertise in investigating H&S events.
- Write detailed reports documenting the findings of the Health and Safety investigations.
- Support with H&S audits, risk assessments, reviews and inspections.
- Act in the capacity of a team leader for task forces and teams when required.
- Partner with site leadership to optimize the on-site safety programs and systems in Ahafo underground.
- Facilitate post-activity reviews to determine if all Ahafo underground employees and contractors are adequately trained and coached to perform their roles effectively.
Health & Safety Reporting, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Participate and facilitate event investigations to discover root causes and identify the appropriate corrective actions to be taken.
- Identify potentially hazardous situations and report to the underground department owner for immediate action and correction.
- Maintain and report on Health & Safety records and statistics.
- Monitor, analyse and suggest improvements from lead and lag H&S indicators.
- Review internal and external H&S reports within the contractor areas that need improvement and implement measures to minimize the occurrence of unfavorable events.
- Suggest improvements to correct any deviations from planned leading and lagging indicator targets.
Health and Safety Stakeholder Management, Communication and Capacity Development
- Assist line management regarding Health and Safety hazard identification exercises, risk management processes, safety rules, regulations and trends.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science and/or Health and Safety discipline.
- Minerals Commission of Ghana (MINCOM) Health and Safety certifications.
- Thorough knowledge of underground H&S legislative requirements.
- Sound understanding of safety management systems.
- Sound knowledge and experience of underground H&S risk management processes.
- Additional auditing qualification is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years working experience as a Health and Safety Officer with an understanding of underground risks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Sound conflict management skills.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Sound planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Attention to detail.
How To Apply – Newmont Mining Corporation Announces Job Vacancies
Closing Date: 31st March 2022
Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE