The PLC Programmer is accountable for programming, testing and commissioning tasked plant Instrumentation, controls systems, Communications installation, and handover to Operations in a safe and compliant manner with respect to works on the Obuasi Mine Phase 3 Project
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation.
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a Duty of Care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
- Report to the Senior C & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety, works in progress.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and be able to report early any constraints that may arise during the project.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of all Remote I/O Panels, and Network Switches from PLC end.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of MCC Switchgear including DOL and VS Drives from PLC end.
- Commission and handover instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to also comply to the requirements of AGAG’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Assist in maintaining the safety and integrity of the Process Control Network
Qualification And Experience
- Engineering Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation or Electronics or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of development and commissioning on Allen Bradley PlantPax ® for PLC/SCADA, and Studio 5000® Applications or equivalent.
- Experience in working with Fire systems and processing CCTV
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Experience in working on Allen Bradley Stratix Network switches and VLan configurations.
- Must possess a relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Able to work within Allen Bradley PlantPax® and Studio 5000® Environments
- Understand and implement Automation and Instrumentation Standards with regard to AGAG Mining Specifications.
- Have a strong understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Drawings.
- Have a strong understanding of electrical drawings including Loop drawings, Termination drawings, Schematics, and Single line drawings.
- Be familiar with vendor documentation associated with mining equipment and mining Infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for Underground, Surface and Mining Infrastructure.
- Be familiar with using Microsoft Office tools for the purpose of reporting and understanding data.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I Equipment FAT and SA Testing from the PLC end Point of view.
- Be familiar with interfacing vendor equipment into the mine Process Control Network environment.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for underground, surface and mining infrastructure.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I Equipment FAT and SA Testing from the fiber optic and ethernet cables point of view.
- Be able to produce test sheets for all Networking cables tested.
- Be part of a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team
- Be part of a team with behaviors consistent with company values
- Participate to initiate, drive, motivate and support the construction project team to deliver the project goals
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines
- Organizational skills with a focus on schedules, and progress.
How To Apply – PLC & SCADA Programmer At Anglogold Ashanti
Closing Date: 21st April, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE