A Principal Budget Planning and Programme Reporting Officer is needed At AfCFTA. The purpose of the job is to provide technical and intellectual leadership in designing strategies and policies and engagement of relevant stakeholders including supervision and management of Budget Unit of AfCFTA.
- Provide support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the division and directorate
- Identify best practices and monitor the effectiveness of the division/directorate’s support to AU;
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
- Involve in negotiations
- Foster and ensure implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Support the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations;
- Develop training materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units;
- Provide technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to the system -Implementation projects and maintenance
- Supervise all the audiences organized by the office of the Secretary-General and AfCFTA directors when necessary
- Prepare and supervise ceremonies and official functions
- Develop and maintain regular working relations with top-level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of the Member States and partners
Specific Responsibilities- Principal Budget Planning and Programme Reporting Officer
- Lead design of programs, and their implementation in conformity with the AU Budget manual, AU FRR and other relevant policies and rules;
- Identify the key annual priority programs in line with the Agenda 2063 “Africa we want” and advising senior management;
- Advise senior management in setting key annual program and project priorities and targets;
- Lead the budget preparation;
- Document key lessons learned, challenges and recommendations in program implementation;
- Ensure synergy and complementarity in AfCFTA programs
- Institutionalize the results-based approach methodology in AfCFTA programming and reporting.
- Lead the programs planning, budgeting and reporting for AfCFTA;
- Support the departments to develop project plans in line with approved programs;
- Provide leadership, coordinate, and administers the strategic planning process for programs and projects
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning;
- Monitor and report on the first 10-years implementation plan of Agenda 2063;
- Review, analyze and finalize the preparation of plans and their revisions, considering recommendations and decisions of various AU policy organs;
Budgeting and Reporting
- Develop and manage annual capital and/or operating budgets; oversees, monitor, and coordinate program budgets, as appropriate;
- Provide substantive support to relevant AU policy organs in their review of budgets and plans;
- Act as Certifying Officer for funds availability under AU Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Lead the development of AfCFTA budget (both projected revenue and expenditure)
- Ensure compliance with current budget and spending policies, and propose improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning.
- Ensure that AfCFTA departments adhere to Financial Rules and Regulations governing budget planning, programming, execution, monitoring and reporting;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of Partners programs and projects;
- Guide in developing strategies on resource mobilization in collaboration with Resource Mobilization Department
- Lead the financial management aspect of Partner Funds for AfCFTA;
- To ensure that the Preparation of interim and year-end financial statements is accurate and timely as indicated in the grant agreement.
- Facilitating the completion of the annual audit of project financial statements on time
- Making sure that all fixed assets acquired by project funds are kept safe and are provided with an identification number.
- Coordinate with an external and internal audit of partner funds project audit;
- Prepare action plans and oversees the implementation of actions in relation to audit recommendations regarding partner funds audits;
- Manage Partner Funds for AfCFTA.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in business administration, Strategic Planning, finance, accounting or related field with 10 years of relevant work experience of which six (6) years should be at the managerial level and three (3) years at the supervisory level within an international, regional or national organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Strategic Planning, finance, accounting or related areas with twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which six (6) years should be at the managerial level and three (3) years at the supervisory level within an international, regional or national organization.
- A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in budget, financial accounting, finance and audit in a large international organization or business corporation is required.
- Experience in budget preparation and administration and management of partners funds in AU or similar international organization is required.
- Hands-on experience in the use of SAP or similar ERP is required.
- Practical experience in managing International Partner Funds such as EU, World Bank, AfDB is added advantage;
- Proven experience in establishing the Budgeting function of an organization at the national or international level
- Advance knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
How To Apply – Principal Budget Planning and Programme Reporting Officer At AfCFTA
Closing Date: 23rd May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE