The position of a Program Manager II – Health and WASH is available at Catholic Relief Services. The international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community is seeking to proactive and dedicated individual as a deputy finance Manager.
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) Health/Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) programming, particularly for large and complex projects, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing CRS’ work in serving the poor and vulnerable.
You will provide leadership to guide the CP’s strategic priorities and visibility efforts in the areas of Maternal and Child Health/Nutrition as well as Water, Environment and Sanitation. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its Health and WASH programming.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all new and existing projects within the CP Health and WASH departments throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent for the Health and WASH departments and provide appropriate supportive supervision. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead the development of program learning- identify opportunities for learning, research, and publications in Health/Nutrition and WASH, and implementation of the agency MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
- Ensure sector integration of Health/Nutrition and WASH interventions, including Agric, livelihoods, environment, education, and social cohesion as well as ensuring Health/Nutrition and WASH projects integrate climate change issues with a focus on mitigation, adaptation (e.g., to reduce likely future burdens of malaria and diarrhea diseases, food insecurity, etc.) and watershed/biodiversity protection.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP’s Health and WASH portfolios in line with agency, regional and CP Health and WASH strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals in Health and WASH per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and activities for proposals and ensure Health/Nutrition and WASH projects are developed and implemented considering the different needs and roles of gender groups and using a transformative approach aiming for gender equality.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity-strengthening activities in Health and WASH for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality, impact, and key principles of sustainability, considering governance, finance, technology, environmental issues, private sector participation and the potential to scale up.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to Health/Nutrition and WASH programming and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Represent and raise the profile of CRS Ghana’s Health and WASH capacities at strategic technical events, conferences, workshops, etc. through presentations, papers and other technical outputs.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Provide leadership in the development of a roadmap to strengthen private sector engagements, market systems development for existing and future Health/Nutrition and WASH projects.
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations or in the field of Health/Nutrition and WASH required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the areas of Health/Nutrition and WASH,
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID, EU, IDA/World Bank, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality technical proposals.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
How To Apply For The Program Manager II – Health and WASH Position At Catholic Relief Services
Applicants should submit their CV and letter of interest by 5 pm, on 6th June 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE