Catholic Relief Services has a new job vacancy. The international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community is seeking to proactive and dedicated individual as a deputy finance Manager.
- Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager
- Department: Finance
- Grade: 9
- Reports To: Finance Manager
- Country/Location: Tamale, Northern Region, Ghana
You will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Oversee accounting processes, policies, and service delivery and maintain accounting controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and management of financial transactions and internal controls in compliance with CRS’ financial management policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Ensure Insight financial accounting package is updated with relevant information for capturing accurate financial data (such as daily exchange/conversion rates, cost allocation tools, posting of transactions, etc.).
- Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll.
- Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, staff, and subrecipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support strengthening of internal control.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff and subrecipients with financial reports analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing and forecasting cash needs.
Check Also: New Job Vacancy At Canadian Feed The Children
Required Skills or Experience
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). Master’s degree in finance with CPA/ACCA preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an International NGO.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of Insight financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Required Languages – High proficiency in oral and written English language
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%. time – Field visits to project sites
and to partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help staff achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity – Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust – Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Agency Leadership Competencies
- Lead Change – Continually looks for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others – Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhance team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance Officers, Finance Assistants and Grant Accountants.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Country Representative, HoOPs, HOP, Program Managers, Procurement Manager, HR Manager, and other Support Managers, HQ Finance, RFO WARO
- External: Banking Institutions, Government Entities, Donors, Subrecipients, Suppliers and External Auditors
How To Apply For The Latest Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services
To apply for this position – Please access this link: https://bit.ly/424P5YI. Applicants should submit their CV and letter of interest by 5 pm, on 6th June 2023
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE