A Public Relations Specialist is needed At Care Ghana. CARE Ghana seeks the Public Relations Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Performance Accountability Activity (GPAA) Project. This project aims to strengthen civil society oversight of and feedback into government performance in public service delivery and to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
The Specialist will manage the dissemination of public information on project initiatives to inform and engage citizens. They will draft, promote and manage project communications to raise awareness of new accountability tools, strengthening feedback mechanisms between local government and communities.
This activity will be a five-year $17.5M project.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. Ghanaian candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate communications platforms/forums for Community-Based Organizations (CSOs) and local governments.
- Liaise with local governments to facilitate their engagement in citizen-led accountability initiatives.
- Raise awareness of new, citizen-led accountability initiatives. Publicize project activities and outputs through media, create public informational materials to inform and engage citizenry.
- Collaborate with local partners to develop and implement citizen oversight mechanisms of district-level capital projects.
- Support analysis of data collected from the districts and present results in ways understandable to citizens.
- Build the capacity of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to conduct advocacy and monitoring.
- Develop strategy for citizen engagement and utilization of data to inform community members.
- Oversee public dissemination of scorecard results.
- Promote citizen advocacy campaigns.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Master’s degree in communications, political science, sociology, education, or other relevant social science discipline.
- At least seven years of experience in public policy reform and advocacy.
- Experience coordinating public forums that engage community based CSOs and government officials.
- Experience in awareness-raising activities in rural contexts.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- English fluency required.
- Specific understanding of the USAID Democracy, Rights and Governance Strategy, and DRG goals under the Ghana Country Development Cooperation Strategy preferred.
Location: Accra, Ghana
How To Apply For Public Relations Specialist At Care Ghana
Closing Date: 20th June, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE