Here is the latest Job Opening For Regional Advisor (AfCFTA Support Programme).
Scope of Role:
- The regional trade advisor will be part of the Project Management Unit (PMU) of the EU-TAF towards the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- The advisor will support the content of free trade negotiations in the areas of trade in goods and services, trade facilitation, and customs cooperation as well as phase II negotiations for protocols on IPR, Investment, Competition, Digital Trade and Women and Youth in Trade)
- Support the AfCFTA Secretariat through strategic capacity development activities.
- Close collaboration with AfCFTA Secretariat, the GIZ AfCFTA Support Programme (which the advisor is also part of) as well as with RECs.
- Support the bilateral partners in Ghana in fostering their role in implementing the AfCFTA through technical advisory services on the member state level.
- Manage short-term experts to undertake subject-specific research into areas of concern to Member State representatives participating in technical meetings throughout the key project component topics of trade in services, goods as well as the investment protocol.
- Technical advice and project coordination on various aspects of trade integration, including trade in goods, trade in services, trade
facilitation, and stakeholder involvement and possibly also industrialization, value chain and other emerging topics.
- Participate in the AfCFTA Team meetings and bilateral exchanges with AfCFTA advisors throughout the various project components and locations.
- Work with other GIZ projects and be familiar with GIZ internal procurement processes.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, Law, or equivalent.
- Citizenship of one of the AU Member States.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in other AU official language is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 4-6 years in trade policy.
- Solid understanding of regional and continental economic integration issues in Africa.
- Experience in development cooperation is an asset.
- Experience in working with AU or other regional organisations is an asset.
- Flexibility to frequently travel.
How To Apply For The Regional Advisor (AfCFTA Support Programme) Position At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/RA-AfCTA/09/06 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 07 July, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE