The position of an RF Optimization Performance Specialist is available at AT Ghana.
- The successful candidate will join as a Specialist for RF Optimization Performance in the Networks Department.
- (S)He will report to the Head, RF Planning and Optimization.
- The holder will manage and provide effective leadership to the Radio Optimization and Performance team to optimize the radio network to ensure that network quality and customer experience meet AT KPIs, regulatory KPIs, and revenue objectives.
Recommended: How To Get A Visa Sponsorship Job in USA
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) advise across multiple RF-associated disciplines, including radio-frequency (RF) planning, RAN Network technology (2G/3G/4G/), and introduction to 5G technologies
- Manage and drive sub-contractors and suppliers to meet developed design criteria for RF-related and network development projects for network acceptance.
- Oversight responsibility of Cells, BSCs, RNC, and Network level performance, to ensure that all radio KPIs meet AT targets.
- Seek out modern technologies and undertake optimization trials of new features & parameters and be responsible for best practices deployments.
- Close liaison with managed service engineers for timely resolution of 2G/3G degrading KPIs that impact on customer experience.
- Coordinate QoS Network benchmarking and cluster optimization activities, analyze drive test log files, and validate all actions implemented to resolve issues identified.
- Responsible for RF optimization annual program and effective implementation to provide the best experience to AT customer
- Ensure all radio KPIs meet agreed-upon thresholds by tracking worst cells and ensuring effective & timely resolution of them
- Support the Commercial and Enterprise teams to meet customer complaints related to RF issues and deliver cost-effective solutions
Key Performance Indicators
- Radio Performance KPIs within agreed thresholds
- Resolution of RF-related customer complaints within agreed timelines.
- Delivery of QoS benchmark & cluster optimization reports with clear action plans for improvement
- Delivery of RF optimization program
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University degree in any field but with emphasis on Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering Technology or related fields
- Project management experience and skills. PMP or PRINCE2 certifications an added advantage
- A minimum of Four (4)- Six (6) years or more experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in optimization tools
- Highly proficient with cellular network design & operational telecoms principles, cellular wireless technologies, radio access network design theory for 2G/3G/4G technologies and an introduction to 5G technologies.
- Intermediate or higher-level Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of RF topology and propagation characteristics, including but not limited to 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies based on the 3GPP reference architectures
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in delivering high-quality solutions
- Strong organizational skills: ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed-upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong follow-up skills: ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage for results
- Strong mapping skills, including experience working with professional-grade mapping software
- Desire to learn and understand new wireless infrastructure offerings
How To Apply For The RF Optimization Performance Specialist Position at AT Ghana
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: Recruitment@at.com.gh
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 4th September 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE