British Council is seeking the services of a Senior Adviser for English Programmes SSA.
To provide technical sector expertise to the regional English Programmes portfolio and support business development and quality, compliant delivery of programmes and contracts to improve standards of the teaching, learning and assessment of English in SSA.
- Support clusters and countries across SSA to plan and develop English Programmes in line with regional and global English Programmes strategies.
- Contribute to the development of projects under the frameworks of all five global English Programmes.
- Promote a Teaching for Success approach in CPD for schools to countries, clients and partners.
- Ensure mainstreaming of EDI within English and Education programme development in line with the regional EDI strategy.
- Proposal Management
- Support the technical writing of English Programmes FCR and GPF bids/proposals.
- Ensure proposal coordination throughout the entire process, including sourcing resources required as appropriate – technical consultants, sector experts etc.
- Ensure appropriate British Council standards for proposal documents – design, and data protection.
- Work with E&S Business Development Manager, Commercial Manager, and Finance Team to ensure proposals are costed and priced appropriately.
- Ensure timely reporting and communication on donor contracts and internal monthly reporting within SSA.
- Advise and, when necessary, support project managers on donor guidelines, policies and procedures and contractual obligations, particularly on reporting, procurement, matching funds, spending rate and visibility requirements to ensure compliance.
- Prepare local grant guidelines for the activities with partners (to be checked by Cultural Engagement (CE) Contract Management).
- Review grant agreements with partners to ensure that all donors’ rules and regulations are properly passed on to the partners, in conjunction with CE Contract Management.
- Review the status and prepare where appropriate, follow-up proposals, and timely documentation for no-cost extension or closing projects in accordance with donor’s guidelines, in conjunction with CE Contract Management.
Role-Specific Knowledge And Experience:
- Qualified to postgraduate degree level in ELT or other relevant qualification, or equivalent by experience
- Experience in middle management / English or education sector roles
- Experience in delivering donor-funded projects or programmes
- Familiarity with client policies and procedures
- Experience in engaging with and management of diverse stakeholders including multilateral agencies, donors, government officials, academics in SSA and the UK
- Experience working within a consortium arrangement or with other funding partners or sponsors and management of associated contracts.
- Extensive experience in managing complex, senior, client, stakeholder and partner relationships and reporting requirements.
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa is highly desirable
- Pay Band – 8
- Contract Duration – Three (3) Year Fixed Term Contract
- Location – Flexible location in SSA offices
- Contract Type: This role is being offered as locally engaged and Long Term Strategic International Assignment (LTSIA) for Ghana
- Language requirements: Strong written and oral English communication skills
How To Submit An Application For A Senior Adviser
Closing Date – 9th July 2023, 23:59 South Africa Time
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE