At the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), the services of a senior communications officer. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs is the post holder. Also, keep in mind that you will be the Communication Officers’ supervisor.
- The Senior Communications Officer shall assist in managing all KAIPTC’s creative processes from conceptualization to delivery.
- The Senior Communications Offcier shall work collaboratively and in conjunction with the various departments of the Centre, to develop professionally written content and quality communicative materials in accordance with KAIPTC corporate image as per policies, standards and brand guidelines of the Centre.
- And, he/she shall provide support to enhance market visibility of the Centre’s products and services.
- Coordinate and develop content (news articles, features, newsletters, production of key corporate communication materials, annual reports, leaflets, brochures, fact sheets, etc) for KAIPTC.
- Coordinate and develop stories/articles for all KAIPTC activities in Ghana, regionally and beyond to ensure visibility for KAIPTC.
- Collaborate to provide communications support to key departments – Training, OOC, PPMED, FAAR, WPSI, and ensure visibility for their activities
- Support the community engagement activities for KAIPTC and outreach to sustain the academic programmes.
- Support all visibility activities for KAIPTC’s academic programmes and liaise with the Academic Affairs Unit to undertake outreach.
- Work with the Digital Communications Officer to edit and review relevant content for KAIPTC’s social/digital communications channels.
- Collaborate with Digital Communications Officer to consistently review content on KAIPTC’s website to ensure it is up to date and in line with corporate branding requirements
- Manage media relations and build relationships with national regional and international journalists.
- Support with the organisation and implementation of key KAIPTC events and activities such as matriculation and graduation programmes, reflections security series, etc.
- Perform other tasks assigned within the scope and intent of the job.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational requirements and Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or the Social Sciences from a recognized university. A professional qualification is a must.
- At least 8 years working experience in journalism, public relations, communications.
- At least 5 years in a senior position. Significant experience with an international organization and/or international agency is desirable.
- Highly proficient in all design aspects with extensive working knowledge of relevant creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite particularly, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other design software programs.
- Exceptional creativity skills and strong understanding of creative processes, marketing, graphic design, corporate branding, digital media and colour theory.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Excellent ICT skills and good knowledge of other software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel).
- Good understanding of printing, publishing and production procedures/processes.
- Keen awareness of current industry trends and technologies.
- Good information finding skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to stakeholders.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective planning, prioritization, organizational and adaptability skills.
- Excellent leadership/management and decision-making skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- Strong team management and mentoring skills.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Confident, honest and trustworthy.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work without or with little supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Fluency in French will be an advantage
How To Send An Application For The Role: Communications Officer
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to: email@example.com
Kindly Take Note:
- Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 14th July, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE