The New Job Opportunity At Lively Minds Is As Follows:
Award-winning nonprofit Lively Minds is seeking a bookkeeper to help with its ambitious and thrilling Early Childhood Development project in Ghana and Uganda.
The bookkeeper will be responsible for General finance and accounting duties requiring high-level accuracy and provide support to the finance and programming team in all matters of finance at the junior level.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance manager.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets, checking for accuracy.
- Assist staff in filing business process forms, receipts, and payment vouchers.
- Track all payables and receivables to ensure that Lively Minds do not lose sight of ageing receivables and payable.
Procurement and Logistics Support
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Officer in the day-to-day coordination of a fully compliant procurement system with associated operating procedures.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Officer to capture and analyze data from the vehicle logs.
Compliance with Policies and Procedures
- Review requisitions to ensure appropriate coding is done and authorisations obtained before processing.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients.
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities.
- Devise a tracking system for statutory returns and ensure that Lively Minds does not default on statutory obligations.
- Track any non-adherence to Lively Minds financial policies and procedures and bring to the attention of the supervisor.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Assist the finance officers in drafting routine financial reports on a regular basis.
- Answer finance related questions and help stakeholders and staff with issues that need to be explained.
- Attend finance department meetings, writing minutes and making follow up on outstanding issues.
- Suggest to supervisor changes or improvements that are necessary to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
For a detailed understanding of the role and person criteria, please see the Job Description.
Required Skills or Experience
Essential Experience and Skills
- Qualifications: HND in Accounting with 2+ years experience, or Diploma in Business Studies ( DBS) with 3+ years experience. Higher qualifications may compensate for work experience.
- Experience in coding transactions using a chart of accounts.
- English language proficiency is a must.
- Literacy in data entry using standard software.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience of using an ms office suite. High-level user of Excel is preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting software is desired.
- Good communication skills and ability to present information in graphs and charts for an understanding of non-finance persons.
- Good time management and willingness to work extra hours when the need arises.
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural environment.
You will be expected to perform against the Lively Minds Competencies.
How To Apply For The New Job Opportunity At Lively Minds
Deadline for application: 11:59 pm GMT, Sunday 16th July 2023
However, qualified applicants who will be available to start work immediately or at the shortest notice will be prioritised.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE