JSI Research & Training Institute has a new job vacancy.
JSI is currently seeking a Finance and Operations Manager of activities on the Country’s Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU).
A global cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
CHISU is a five-year program focused on strengthening Health Information Systems (HIS), enabling sharing of data between systems and their use, and supporting countries’ self-reliance by enhancing capacity for local leadership and engagement in every aspect of health data.
Read on: Fresh Job Vacancies At GIZ Ghana
As USAID’s flagship HIS and data project, CHISU’s work with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders centers around four strategic objectives:
- Strengthened governance and enabling environment of host-country HIS.
- Increased availability and interoperability of quality health data and information systems.
- Increased demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps, and challenges.
- Strengthened organizational development of local partners for sustained health data use.
The Finance and Operations Manager is a full-time position and will be based in Accra. S/he will set up and maintain the JSI financial accounts and administrative systems with support from the Director of Finance & Operations of JSI/USAID Strengthening the Care Continuum Project.
S/he will be responsible for monitoring the financial status of the project work plan including preparation of expenditure projections and expense monitoring. S/he will ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Project. S/he will also supervise two (2) Finance and Operations Officer (s). The Finance & Operations Manager reports to the Resident Advisor, with the Director of Finance & Operations having technical supervisory oversight.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations, establish and maintain a financial and administrative system fulfilling all USAID rules and regulations and in line with JSI financial policies and procedures
- Manage the monthly accounting cycle and bank account monitoring and reconciliation
- Review and track program budget(s), monitor expenditures and help prepare financial reports for senior management and USAID
- Prepare expenditure projections on a monthly or as may-be-determined basis for submission to the Home Office.
- Review and certify the monthly accounts documentation, including vouchers and reconciliation reports prepared by the Finance and Operations Officer.
- Actively participate in work plan preparation and work closely with the technical team to prepare and monitor costed work plans
- Coordinate with Finance and Operations Officer to create and maintain Finance files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner
- Ensure Value Added Tax processing and reporting
- Work with the Human Resources & Admin Manager to ensure safety and daily security of office premises
- Supervise the Finance & Operations officer
- Ensure the processing and payment of vendors on timely manager through electronic payment platforms.
- Support non-finance staff through in-house trainings
- Supervise the Finance & Operations officer (s)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Resident Advisor or the Director of Finance and Operations which are in line with the general concept of this position.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Bachelors, Preferred Advanced degree in a finance, accounting, public administration or business-related field. A chartered qualification in either CA, ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience in financial and/or office management in an NGO setting
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff
- Experience in inventory management
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly desired
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and training staff
How To Apply For The Job Vacancy At JSI Research & Training Institute
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked “Finance and Operations Manager – CHISU” to: Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for the submission of applications: July 20th, 2023.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
JSI is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE