The service of a Senior Design Draughtman At MPPE. Mining Process & Project Engineering (MPPE) requires a Senior Design Draughtsman to design required process and mining modular plants and equipment for various projects the company is working on. You will work closely with the project as well as process and mechanical engineering teams within the company.
The role is responsible for all design, drafting and direction of CAD draughting (3D modelling, conceptual and detailed drawings including workshop fabrication drawings) on process engineering-related projects which includes Structural, Mechanical, Platework & Piping (SMPP) disciplines. Candidate must possess strong exposure to site experience and a workshop environment with management of multi-discipline drafting teams is key.
View Also: Remote Jobs At Euro Exim Bank
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing 3D modelled parts using AutoCAD of all entities necessary to fully populate the design in 3D.
- Developing general arrangements and plant layouts of the proposed installation (plan, elevation and isometric)
- Producing detailed fabrication drawings for structures, plateworks, piping and equipment
- Checking conformance of (internal and external) detailed drawings to plant layout, detailed set-outs and engineering design and bulk material take-offs.
- Producing detail drawings in line with company standards and practices.
- Performing required design calculations.
- Providing design information to section leader for inter-disciplinary interface.
- Perform site visits, site checks, commissioning during implementation of projects
- Checking of drawings in compliance with checklist procedures.
- Checking of supplier or vendor drawings.
- Maintain AutoCAD functionality, fault finding and setting up of computer systems drafting function.
- Develop and maintain library of generic design of components in order to reduce repetition and design time.
- Assist and guide less experienced and entry designers or draughtsmen by providing training and development as necessary.
Check Also: Latest Job Notice At Diageo
Key Performance Indicators
Must meet section key performance indicators as required by the company.
- Deviation from manhour budget
- Deviation from engineering/technical standards and specifications
- Deviation from draughting standards/procedures – quality and level of detail.
- Number of revisions due to draughting errors.
- Number of errors due to accuracy
- Audit of critical areas.
- Quantitative variance from calculations.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A relevant qualification in engineering certificate/diploma or a related qualification is essential for this role.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical design and draughting (structural steel and platework).
- Previous draughting experience in process plant and mining is preferred.
- Must have inventor and AutoCAD drawing experience in mining and process equipment.
- Must have advanced Autodesk software experience and in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD and relevant CADD softwares
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Autodesk REVIT
- Autodesk Navisworks
- Autodesk Inventor
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Must be computer literate with basic Microsoft Excel experience
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Must be results and solutions oriented, embrace the teamwork approach, take ownership of their role, have a competitive mindset and a positive attitude.
You Might Also Like:
How To Submit An Application For Senior Design Draughtman (MPPE)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to: email@example.com
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE