Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of surface or underground trainer. This is an Obuasi-based fixed-term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes an attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for the provision of a quality and timely truck operating (haulage) service using articulated underground mobile machinery and ensure operational targets are met in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
- Facilitate and coordinate common core and role specific training for all new employees and contractors.
- Continually review training material and assessment documentation for relevance and accuracy.
- Ensure the correct, current documents are used for training purposes.
- Actively participate in developing and improving site training programs and assessments for greater relevance and impact.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to new starters, new leaders as required to ensure knowledge and skills are applied and sustained on-the-job.
- Ensure all training is recorded and maintained appropriately and accurately within agreed timeframes and in accordance with training guidelines and systems.
- Coordinate upskilling of operators working on site according to their individual professional development progression plans.
- Monitor operator performance on site to ensure Key Performance Indicators are being achieved and provide assistance when gaps are identified.
- Assist to establish and maintain fit for purpose training facilities that allow participants to learn in safety.
- Act as an ambassador for the project and the business in the professionalism by which training is delivered and interactions are engaged.
- Assist in training to deliver programs to the required standard and transfer knowledge, skills, and experience in support of National Personal Development Plans.
- Prepare and conduct monthly HME training schedule.
Surface/Underground Trainer: Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in relevant or similar roles in a mining environment preferably underground mining operation.
- Must possess a Valid Ghanian Driver’s License Class ‘BE CE FE’ and can drive underground.
- Must have a Mincom Trainers Certificate and Mincom equipment Operating certificate.
- Previous labour intensive/manual handling work experience.
- Flexible and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new task quickly.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification
- Physically fit for the demands of the role as this is a hard rock gold mining operation
- Proven ability to operate in a safe and efficient manner
How To Apply For The Surface/Underground Trainer At Underground Mining Alliance
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your cover letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 28th July 2023 .
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE