Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced person to fill the Emergency Management Assistant position. This is an Obuasi-based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi.
The remuneration package includes an attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
- Monitor and ensure both Emergency and Site Preparedness plans, personnel and systems including ERT preparedness, accredited training provided and maintained including evacuation drills/exercises, correct maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain and further develop key stakeholder engagement and liaison. You will assist in coordination of responses with key parties as well as post-incident debrief, analysis and reporting.
- Ensure ‘fit for purpose’ system development and support including Site Emergency Risk Assessment, Emergency management Plan. This includes ongoing assurance of suitability and preparedness of site infrastructure, plants, plans and equipment.
- Support the sites Drug & Alcohol Testing and Fitness for Work practices in accordance with the current Policy.
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the UMA practices, driving positive and engaging cultural change through direct engagement with our people.
- Injury prevention – Development and delivery of strategies for the prevention of injuries
- Injury Management – Ensure effective rehabilitation & return to work programs are implemented in consultation with the local hospital and doctors.
- Liaising with all key stakeholders such as treating parties, insurers, and external providers to facilitate early return to work.
- Developing and delivering education and training packages to UMA employees
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in Nursing/ Emergency nursing / Physician Assistant
- Knowledge of Minerals and Mining Act, 2006 (Act 703) and Minerals and Mining (General) Regulations, 2012 L.I. 2173
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience Emergency management preferably in an underground mining environment or a similar environment.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (BE & CE Classes) and can drive underground.
- Mincom certification is an added advantage
- Strong commitment to health and safety
- Reliable team player who is target driven.
How To Apply For The Emergency Management Assistant At Underground Mining Alliance
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 28th July 2023 .
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE