The Trust Hospital is presently accepting applications for the position of transport officer. The management of the hospital’s transport system needs the help of an experienced individual.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of all the organizations’ vehicles
- Ensuring drivers have the appropriate Class and valid Licenses
- Advising on recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates on traffic rules, signage, signaling and practical driving.
- Advising on driver deployment
- Evaluating driver’s performance, allocating and rotating appropriate work assignments.
- Submitting regular and comprehensive monthly reports to the Supervisor on vehicle movements, running cost, challenges etc.
- Ensuring vehicles are used in accordance with the organization’s policy and the vehicle log books correctly filled
- Conducting regular parade and inspection of administrative and pool vehicles
- Ensuring observance of road safety standards.
- Tracking vehicle and fuel usage with GPS tracking system.
- Tracking Vehicle Road Worthiness certificates and insurance to ensure they are always renewed in a timely manner
- Checking vehicles log Information weekly and making corrections where necessary
- Maintaining proper inventory of all components of vehicles,
- making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Ensuring the maintenance and servicing schedule of the vehicles is followed
- Tracking repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair process
- Preparing servicing requisitions for repair and maintenance at the appropriate garages
Qualifications & Experience
- A Diploma in Mechanical or Automobile related
- engineering from an accredited tertiary institution
- A professional level certification in Transoort
- Management will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a transport department in a bus organization
- Familiar with GPS vehicle Tracking System
- Ability to manage transport operations and work as part of a team.
- Significant experience in fleet management and/or logistics
- Leadership skills.
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge in Transport Management Systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to demonstrate creative approaches to problem solving.
- EXcellent independent judgement and decision making Skills
- High energy and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team and promote team environment/concept
- Customer service oriented
- Experience in managing transport within the health sector is an advantage.
- Must have a valid driving license of not below license b and be able to drive an Ambulance
Application Process For The Position: Transport Officer
Interested applicants should submit their:
- application letters
- names and address of two referees
- copies of relevant certifates to:
The Head of Human Resources, PMB 16 Ministries – Accra.
Deadline for submission of application: 20th July, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE