The World University Service of Canada is accepting applications for the INVEST Internship Programme.
The INVEST Internship Programme provides an opportunity for young female graduates pursuing traditionally male-dominated trades/occupations, to gain access to soft skills training and practical workplace experiences to enhance their employability and economic opportunities. Internship opportunities ranging from 3 – 6 months in length are available at eligible Enterprises (private and Public) and Mastercraft Person workshops.
Who is Eligible to Apply
- Only females between the ages of 18 – 35 years can apply.
- Applicants should be a resident of a marginalized community within Greater Accra (Accra, Tema & Ashaiman), Ashanti Region (Kumasi) and Western Region (Sekondi-Takoradi).
- Willingness and desire to gain more practical experience in a male-dominated trade.
- Ability to commit to full Internship duration (3-6 months).
Complete all items on the application form.
- Applicants are to provide phone numbers or where they can be reached, or where a message can be sent to them. (Where an applicant does not have a phone, ask a friend, neighbor or relative if they will take a message and relay it to you).
- Where a hard copy application is being used, applicants are to ensure their handwriting is bold and legible enough.
- Avoid the use of jargon when filling the application form.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How To Apply For The WUSC INVEST Internship Programme
For more information on the Internship Program, please contact:
Transitions & Resilience Officer
WUSC, Ato Ahwoi Avenue