Sobolo is a drink prepared from the blossoms of the Roselle plant, a species of Hibiscus, and is known as bissap, wonjo, foléré, dabileni, tsobo, zobo, sorrel in the Caribbean, and agua de Jamaica in Mexico. Although the “juice” is usually sweetened and chilled, it is really an infusion and can also be referred to as hibiscus tea when served hot.
What is the English name of Sobolo
The English name of sobolo is Roselle Juice.
Here are some simple and easy steps to prepare this nutritious drink at home to enjoy
What are the health benefits of Sobolo
Roselle juice, a diuretic, has been demonstrated to help control blood pressure and lower hypertension.
It also contains a lot of vitamin C, which is why it’s used to treat colds and improve the immune system. It is also high in iron and minerals, which aid in the strengthening of the human immune system.
Antimicrobial action has also been discovered in several studies.
Sobolo ingredients in Ghana
- 2 cups Hibiscus leaves
- 1 medium-sized ripe Pineapple
- 2 tbsp Pineapple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 grains of Hwentia
- 1 piece prekese
How to prepare sobolo in Ghana
- In a large saucepan, pour in Hibiscus leaves and add water to cover up leaves.
- Under high heat, put Hibiscus leaves on fire.
- Wash and peel pineapples and ginger.
- Add the pineapple peels and hwentia to Hibiscus leaves. Allow it to boil for 10-15 mins(Until water changes color)
- Using a sieve or colander, drain and separate the drink from the cooked leaves
- Blend pineapple and ginger until smooth. Pour into the drink and stir
- Allow the drink to cool down completely before you add your sugar and pineapple syrup(if preferred)
- Store in the fridge before use or add ice to drink. Enjoy!!!
Common questions Answered.
Can you add prekese to sobolo?
Prekese can be added to depending on the flavor you want. Prekese also has a number of health benefits.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE