There is a job vacancy for Account Payable Manager At Airteltigo. The successful candidate will join as a Manager for Account Payment in the Finance Department. (S)He will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for managing the accounts payable team and is responsible for the efficient management of the purchase ledger functions and the timely payment of all supplier invoices.
Check Also: Latest Job Opportunities At Anglogold Ashanti
(S)He will also ensure sound Financial & Accounting practice to capture all the transactions as and when they occur in the right amounts and format. Also more importantly ensure compliance with AirtelTigo Accounting / Internal control policies and IFRS and ensure the company’s reputation and image is always protected by keeping suppliers reasonably engaged and satisfied.
- Maintain and monitor controls within the accounts payable team in line with AirtelTigo internal policies and statutory requirements.
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are applied at all times when dealing with all aspects of the supplier invoice processes, staff claim processes and supplier management.
- Ensure processes exist to follow up on a timely and consistent basis, all open workflow items in the payable processes.
- Implement and review on a monthly basis, payable reports to inform cash decisions and communications with strategic suppliers.
- Ensure documents are properly filed and archived on a timely basis and in an efficient way in accordance with company policy and statutory requirements.
- Work with financial systems and supply chain to ensure an accurate supplier master-data is always updated in ERP.
- Work closely with the business and the treasury team to ensure all supplier payments are made on time.
- Review Journal entries, accrual, and prepayment positions to ensure transactions are accurately captured.
- Ensure supplier reconciliations are performed on a timely and consistent basis and all variances discussed with suppliers and for a timely closure.
- Lead the month end close process from the AP side, including accruals advice based on review of Open POs and other information.
- Ensure mechanisms are implemented to address supplier disputes and queries on a timely basis.
- Create avenues to ensure suppliers are fully engaged and constantly updated on process changes.
- Ensure suppliers are notified on a timely basis when payments and tax certificates are ready for collection.
- Supervise the daily operations of accounts payable team; ensuring a structure exists to make the team efficient and responsive to the business needs.
- Use innovative thinking and ability to challenge existing processes.
- Drive process improvement by working closely with all stakeholders to evaluate current processes and procedures, recommend new practices, procedures and systems to improve operating efficiencies and internal controls.
- Assist in the Company’s annual audit with the external auditors.
- Assisting in various departmental projects.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- At least 8 years relevant work experience (preferably in a multinational setting).
- Bachelor level degree in accounting
- ACCA/CA – final level qualification
- People management experience and a proven ability to lead teams and drive change and process improvement.
- Experience in ERP and financial systems savvy.
- An excellent working knowledge of IFRS.
- Confident communication skills as this role involve liaising with various key senior managers of the business and suppliers.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel (medium to advance proficiency), PowerPoint and Word.
- Analytical, organized and detail oriented.
- Desire to drive efficiencies and improve processes
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate with non-accounting professional clearly and concisely.
How To Submit An Application For Account Payable Manager (Airteltigo)
To Submit an application, click on this Link
Deadline: 28th November, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE