Career Opportunity with the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is now available.
We are hiring a Finance and Compliance Officer. We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
Reporting to the West Africa Regional Head, the Finance and Compliance Officer will perform compliance oversight of USAID regulations, advise the Country manager on issues of timeliness, and seek ways to accelerate processes internally such that deliverables are met, offering insight on potential bottlenecks to delivery. The Finance and Compliance Officer will also be the primary point of contact for grantees with respect to training needs and questions as they concerned on grant implementation and will further liaise with AGRA executives and AGRA’s internal audit unit to draw attention to specific capacity concerns of sub-grantees in the general area of grant, systems, and policy compliance. In addition, the person will provide finance administrative support to the Country Office.
- Prepare the Payroll (including a routine update of payroll information, posting and reconciliation
- Allocates Costs in collaboration with management accounting.
- Review the payroll system and the interface with Navision and reconciliation/linking in collaboration with IT (business systems analyst)
- Receipt all timesheets and allocates payroll costs as per timesheets.
- Reconcile staff accounts, generates payroll adjustments, and communicate the same to staff Initiate bank reconciliations and resolve outstanding issues and any detected anomalies
- Track income including donor receipts due and maintains tracking schedules on pending pledges in collaboration with the program finance team.
- Review travel claims, accountabilities, and staff claims in the accounting system and on hard copies (journals and invoices).
- Prepare financial statements and schedules as directed.
- Identify risk and maintains a positive reputation through ethical and pragmatic approaches to compliance in the Ghana office.
- Update and monitors the grant pipeline and assist the country managers on operational issues.
- Address grantees and employee concerns or questions on compliance.
- Check and report concurrence to award terms on financial reports to aid in financial fiduciary.
- Educate staff and grantees by instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
- Set ways to align internal processes so that the Ghana country office meets professional standards, accepted business practices, donor awards and internal standards.
READ ON: APPLY || Public Sector recruitment across all 16 regions of Ghana
Qualifications Skills And Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A fully qualified CPA/CA/ACCA/CIMA certification.
- An MBA in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting. finance, or financial monitoring, or auditing and compliance.
- At least 4 years of experience in international development. including experience in development projects funded by donors.
- At least 3 years prior experience working on USAID funded projects as sub awards/ grants/ finance/ compliance officer.
- Familiar with and experience in working with International
- Finance Regulations and Reporting Standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of taxation regulation in Ghana and West Africa.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards.
- Deep understanding of the financial environment within which AGRA is operating. Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Career Opportunity – How To Apply
Submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to: email@example.com
Kindly quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
Job Reference Number: F&CO/WA/02/2022
Clouding Date: 4th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org