The services of an Application Programmer II is needed at West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
Successful applicant will be assigned duties in the Information Communication & Technology Division (ICTD) and would be required to:
- Design and develop practical application/software for the office;
- Develop and maintain software applications/technologies ;
- Assist in application development projects;
- Design and maintain all the web-based applications for the office;
- Advise Management on the IT needs of the office;
- Check the correctness of reports to user departments, sections, and units;
- Prepare reports as required by user departments, sections, and units;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or allied discipline (at least Second Class Lower Division)
- Have at least three (3) years of hands on practical experience.
- Experience in data structures, algorithms and software design and development;
- Experience in C#, Java, ASP.Net MVC, Flutter Mobile Application Development;
Hands on experience in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- DB2, SQL SERVER, SQ Lite;
- Natural Language processing expertise with Python or AI frameworks.
GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR NETWORK ADMINISTRATORS AND APPLICATION PROGRAMMERS
- Ability to think logically and analytically
- Excellent listening, questioning and usability skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to think through problems and visualize solutions
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to transfer ICT skill/knowledge to non-tech oriented users
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills
- Enthusiasm and high degree of adaptability
- be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- be an organiser/planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
How To Apply – Application Programmer II at West African Examinations Council (WAEC)
Closing Date: 7th June, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE