The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency in the fight against hunger worldwide. WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is supporting the Government of Ghana to accelerate the attainment of its vision of economic self-sufficiency articulated in the Ghana Beyond Aid Charter (GBA). Through its Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), WFP is supporting national development with an integrated food system, nutrition and social protection programme which hinges on private sector participation in the prevention of malnutrition, transformation of agricultural value chains, strengthening of social protection, early warning, disaster preparedness and response systems.
The role of a business support assistant is available at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
The Business Support Assistant (Communications) will be under the guidance of the Communications Assistant (Digital and Multimedia) with overall supervision of the Partnerships and Communications Officer. The incumbent’s duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow up on administrative requests of the Partnerships and Communications Unit
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks interfacing the unit and other functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for use.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Assist in taking good quality photographs for publications, traditional and social media, and WFP HQ photo bank.
- Design publications, electronic flyers, infographics, fractographic and other graphic designing in accordance with WFP’s branding guidelines.
- Develop short videos for social media and internal communications
- Assist in the production of documentaries (Storyboarding, interviewing, videoing and post-production)
- Utilize online platforms such as Trello Board, Airtable, and the multimedia hub to manage digital assets
- Assist in developing innovative ways to enhance the visibility of CO’s work to targeted audiences
- Develop social media messages and strategies aligned with a chosen campaign.
- Draft articles and stories
- Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of first degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Motion Picture photography or any other related qualification.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
- A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in Communications or Motion Picture Photography.
- Demonstrate responsibility, proactiveness and initiative to respond and/or act independently under minimal supervision and general guidance.
- Fluency in both oral and written English language
How To Apply For The Business Support Assistant Position At World Food Programme
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 25 July, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE