Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focus on good governance
GIZ is looking to hire a driver.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development to support the local production of vaccines in Ghana by supporting at setting up a fill and finish facility for vaccines in Ghana, and at developing and implementing a long-term Ghanaian strategy for vaccine production and research and development.
Scope of Role:
As a driver, you will be responsible for safely performing all official travel using official vehicles and regularly servicing and taking good care of official vehicles.
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles.
- Reports need for servicing and carries out minor repairs.
- Takes account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations.
- Always ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles and reports restrictions immediately.
- Completes the vehicle and maintenance log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or
theft of vehicle fittings.
- Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel or chauffeur service pending, carries out other office work on request
- Clean the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
Qualification Required & Experience
- Secondary school education and holds a valid driver’s licence.
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references, 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparative role.
- No major accidents in the past 3 years.
- Good knowledge of the English language and other local dialects and familiarity with Ghana and the districts and regional capitals
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Disciplined and punctual with a good temperament (friendly manner with all passengers)
- Appropriate appearance and attire
- Team player who is willing to work together in the carpool system of GIZ.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
How To Apply For The Driver Position At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2023/SVMG/07/07.
Closing Date: 24 July 2023
GIZ is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE