Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focus on good governance
GIZ is hiring for the post of M&E Specialist (with communication experience).
- The SCISP project works on all aspects of the cocoa supply chain: Traceability, elimination of child labour and deforestation, and strengthening of civil society.
- It works closely with the Ghana Cocoa Board for developing a sector-wide traceability system for cocoa beans and a child labor monitoring system to reduce child labor in cocoa production. Both measures are necessary for reaching compliance with the EUHRDD regulations and will ensure a smooth continuation of Ghana´s cocoa trade with Europe.
- The Project is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
M&E Specialist (with communication experience): Scope of Role:
- As a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, you are responsible for the Result Oriented Monitoring of the project. You develop tools and
methodologies to capture and track the project’s progress and thereby provide important information for the steering of its processes.
- This includes the follow-up of cash flow in cooperation with finance and technical personnel. You ensure that the necessary data for reporting and communication is available and that the regulations for communication of GIZ and EU are applied.
- A good writing style for publications would complement your profile.
- Develops the M&E structure based on the project log frame, gathered baseline data, as well as developing project implementation lines and ensure continuous progress indicator tracking towards management and project team.
- Effectively links the project monitoring system with the indicators of the EU log frame and the M&E system from the Global Programme on
Supply Chains and the NIED cluster M&E.
- Develops tools, plans and guides data collection with technical project staff and the Partner COCOBOD
- Is responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting meetings or workshops, with a focus on M&E
- Support project management on the progress review and potential adjustments to log frame structure
- Collects input and drafts the annual narrative report to the EU INTPA.
- Develops communication materials based on the progress of the indicators.
- Watches over the application of Communication regulations from GIZ/EU
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences, monitoring & evaluation, development planning or any relevant field for the position.
- Min. 3 years’ work experience in an M&E Position with a track record on developing and setting up monitoring systems.
- Work experience with public sector institutions.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative/qualitative analysis, ability to produce structured reports.
- Experience in analyzing agricultural/environmental as well as socio-economic-related data.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, excellent writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of English; Knowledge of local languages of the Central and Eastern Region is a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. data analysis programmes like SPSS, Power BI etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation, and negotiation skills.
Latest Job Openings:
How To Apply For The M&E Specialist (with Communication experience) Position At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter stating their motivation for the position and added value to the project to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/M& E-SCISP/13/07 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 27 July 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE