Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) has a new job vacancy. IPA Ghana seeks a Senior Data Assistant to provide programming and data support services to projects and support teams in the organisation.
- Reports to: Senior Research Quality Associate
- Location: Accra, Ghana.
- Deadline to apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Desired start date: 1st October 2023
- Length of commitment: 1 year (renewable)
The Senior Data Assistant will provide support to the Research Quality team in areas of data management, survey coordination and data training together with systems support to all departments in the country office. The Senior Data Assistant will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Review & provision of feedback to project teams on how to improve survey questionnaires
- Program and support with the programming of surveys into Computer Assisted Interviewing (CAI) softwares such as Survey CTO
- Train staff to use programmed questionnaires
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to programmed questionnaires
- Help project teams develop systems for monitoring data collection and establishing appropriate data backchecking, editing and tracking systems
- Support projects program data quality checks using Stata and other applicable softwares
- Help project teams clean data and prepare for analysis
- In collaboration with the Research Quality team, provide regular trainings to staff and when needed to partners, to enhance their data management, Stata, data analysis and other technical skills;
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in Computer science, Statistics or a related field;
- Experience with multiple programming languages;
- Experience programming in Survey CTO is a plus;
- Experience with STATA or other statistical software is a plus;
- Proven interest in and quick to learn new software and data management programmes;
- Experience collecting data or working with a survey firm is a plus;
- Ability to consistently follow protocol and instructions;
- Excellent management, communication and organizational skills;
- Experience working in an international NGO is a plus
How To Apply For The Latest Job Vacancy At Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/sda_application_form_2023?caseid=
- Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are found
- Your CV and Cover Letter are required to complete the application form. Please remember to save all attachments (CV, Cover Letter and Transcript) in your full names.
- Incomplete applications or applications not completed through the web-form will not be considered.
- Due to high volume of applications received, IPA will only contact shortlisted candidates.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE