MSI Ghana has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience in Accra. MSI Ghana’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future
The centre manager position is open at Marie Stopes Ghana.
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Centre Manager is responsible for the effective functioning of the assigned centre through adequate planning and deployment of resources: human, finance and logistics. The job holder develops centre work plans with his/her team, supervises, coordinates, monitors and assesses the performance of the centre staff to ensure quality service delivery. In addition, the role has responsibility for identifying any skills deficiencies and bridging the gaps through appropriate training.
He/she keeps effective information flow, maintains proper and accurate records of centre’s activities, follows up and addresses client complaints and periodically collects and analyses incidence reports in compliance with set clinical Standards. The incumbent also interviews on behalf of the organisation, remains clinically active and provides core and non-core clinical services in the centre daily.
Partnership and Network Building
- Build, coach, motivate and maintain highly skilled and competent centre teams and work directly with teams to enable them assess their performance according to set MSI/MDT standards.
- Actively support to source for new clinical team and assist the MDTM to appoint new team members, including new sessional teams for the centre
- Oversee the work schedules and strengths of all staff within the centres.
- Facilitate the transfers, relief and rotation of centre team members when necessary to ensure that the optimum number of team members per centre is always maintained.
- Encourage a commitment to accommodating clients’ special needs such as flexibility on working hours, strict privacy and confidentiality to generate demand for MSIG services.
- Provide support for Centre teams managing performance problems/challenges within teams and, where necessary, consult with the MDT.
Centre Management, People Management and Monitoring
- Responsible for the growth of the centre by ensuring that team members get on board in achieving the set targets for the centre
- Develop regular centre work plans in collaboration with the centre teams with the objective to use resources in the most efficient manner and maximise results while maintaining quality
- Monitor monthly centre results and in collaboration with the team change work plan accordingly.
- Be responsible for all logistical requirements needed for the centre and make arrangements to prevent unnecessary stockouts and wastage in the centre.
- Be the focal point for all centre teams, report clinical issues including major and minor incidences to appropriate channels and facilitate getting pragmatic solutions to minimize clinical complications
- Monitor centre activities on a regular basis to ensure compliance to MSI/MDT clinical Standards
- Collect and analyse monthly major and minor incidence reports and ensure they are compliant with MSI/MDT clinical requirements
- Support MDT to manage members of the Medical team to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development
- Support MDT to provide technical medical staff training where necessary e.g., on the job training through coaching etc. to centre team.
- Conduct regular team performance reviews, monitoring progress and setting objectives and feed back to MDT on team performance
- Ensure the growth of the centre by leading a well-motivated team to achieve the set targets for the centre, both core and non-core services
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations offered centre teams and other partners
- Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre team’s meetings.
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Follow up on all client’s complaints relating to any of the MSIG services and make recommendations
- Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
- Assist the Marketing Team with interviews relating to clinical issues to protect MSIG reputation
Recommended: Latest Job Opportunity At Golden Star
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Midwifery
- Certified senior midwife with 5 years work experience in SRH delivery
- At least 5 years post-graduation experience in a managerial/leadership position
- Be registered with a recognized local clinical professional body in Ghana and of good standing
- A commercial mindset to grow clinics and meet set targets
- Has the requisite experience to work with no or minimum supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience with an INGO will be an advantage
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled with excellent team coordination skills
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning, pregnancy option counselling, non- core and reproductive health services
- Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods and passionate about maternal health
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and community
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and be results oriented
- Team player, Self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results.
Latest Job Openings:
How To Apply For The Centre Manager (Senior Midwife) At Marie Stopes Ghana
Please submit your application by filling this online form via below link.
Centre Manager (Senior Midwife): https://forms.gle/tpvs283BZU9gyhJr8
- This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
- Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on rolling basis.
- Submission deadline is Close of Business 9th August 2023.
- Shortlisting will be on rolling basis and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.