UMA is seeking to employ qualified, experienced, and motivated Electrician to join our Electrical Team. This is Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground electrical systems while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Reporting to the Electrical Foreman, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all electrical systems and equipment underground. The incumbent will focus strongly on compliance to ensure all personnel including employees and subcontractors have the required competencies to work safely and efficiently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site inductions ensuring all employees and contractors are site compliant and competent to perform the required tasks and/or roles
- Carry out scheduled electrical servicing in accordance to manufacturer specifications, the Electrical Code, while following company and client standard operations procedures and safety protocols
- Identify and organize the resources required for each job such as tools and other equipment, additional personnel or assistants, to ensure the efficient and timely completion of tasks and to maximize productivity.
- Complete all service sheets and document additional repairs performed on each task
- Diagnose and anticipate any problems or potential failures and provide recommendations for solutions
- Read and interpret service and spare parts manuals
- Carry out regular inspections of systems and required tools
- Complete various daily, weekly, monthly reports as required
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share your skills and knowledge with co-workers
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in the shop and at job sites
Required Skills or Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must possess a minimum of BSc. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a recognized University with minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Hard Rock Underground Mines or Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a Hard Rock Underground Mines
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and able to drive manual SUV underground.
- Ability to influence and engage with operational and non-operational employees and contractors with strong demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly as well as train, coach, and mentor crew members
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
- Strong sense of urgency and outcomes focused
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work both day and night.
How To Apply for the Electrician at Underground Mining Alliance Ltd.
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fitness, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 15h of September 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Underground Mining Alliance Ltd.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE