Engineering Superintendent – Reliability at AngloGold Ashanti Limited.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Details of the Engineering Superintendent – Reliability at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Engineering Superintendent – Reliability.
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Deadline: 12th May, 2022
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Superintendent – Reliability is accountable for the development and implementation of QA/QC, condition monitoring and analysis, reliability of Surface and Underground Fixed Plant Infrastructure maintenance, including the Surface Processing Plant, Surface Mine Infrastructure, and Surface Support Infrastructure, Underground Mine Infrastructure, Hoists and Shaft Infrastructure and Heavy Mobile Equipment through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Provide technical input to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical services manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Apply the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, JHA, etc.) of the Safety Management System and deliver compliance.
- Deliver timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences.
- Execute the construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Support the Processing Department to maintain Cyanide Code certification.
- Establish the Chemical laboratory, reliability and legal compliance team required to support the role holder in executing the project.
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
- Support interface management with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Liaise with the Manager Planning to develop maintenance planning and management outcomes that include QA/QC – analysis by chemical lab, reliability and condition monitoring, legal and compliance.
Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability.
- Collaborate with Construction Manager on new builds safety, compliance, operability, standards, maintainability, and reliability.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the Engineering department to provide effective quality planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Operate the QA/QC of maintenance of the processing plant, surface and underground mine infrastructure during the Phase 3 Operations.
- Ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
- Maintain legal compliance and QA/QC of the maintenance and operation of the Processing Plant and Surface and Underground mine infrastructure within the approved project schedule, achieving monitoring of all critical intermediate milestones.
- Develop an asset management strategy for QA/QC in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations’ expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Ensure all subordinates are competent in the utilization of the SAP asset maintenance management system for reliability and condition monitoring, and QA/QC to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the processing plant and inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications and expectations.
- Oversee refurbishment witness inspections and testing regime to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Maintenance Engineering or equivalent.
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced QA/QC engineer with 10+ years’ experience in the reliability and condition monitoring of Surface Processing Plant, Surface and Underground Mine and Support Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in management and QA/QC on contractor work
- Experience of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module and its role in reliability/condition monitoring/recording
- Knowledge of statistics in reliability analysis
- Knowledge in condition monitoring and related statistics
- Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from the Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong QC/QA competencies
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties. Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
How To Apply for the Engineering Superintendent – Reliability at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
Closing Date : 12th May. 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE