Here is another exciting job Vacancy for the position of a Project Manager (Rails) at AngloGold Ashanti Limited.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Details of the Project Manager (Rails) at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Project Manager – Rails.
- Company: Anglogold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Deadline: 12th May, 2022
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Project Manager – Rails will work directly with the Project Director and Mining Projects Manager to lead construction and re-establishment of underground rail haulage system with bottom tipping arrangement and provide clear cut direction on the delivery of the project. Additionally, he/she is responsible for managing the planning and programming activities of the rail project to ensure the most efficient use of resources and successful completion of the project in accordance with the contract.
- Lead the rail project team and provide direction on the delivery of the project
- Manage construction of 80lb underground rails and pantograph installation
- Manage interfaces with tipping chutes and rail hopper tipping constructions
- Manage the scope of works across the project to successful completion
- Manage refurbishment/upgrade of loco heads and wagons
- Liaise with the client, managing overall program, costs, forecasts, and end of month reporting
- Monitor resource requirements across the project lifecycle
- Manage the planning and programming activities to ensure the most efficient use of resources and completion of the project in accordance with the contract
- Engage key stakeholders, engineering teams and construction workers, ensuring that they understand the project strategy and requirements
- Manage the effective implementation and adherence to company, project safety and environmental procedures
- Manage progress in accordance with the program and observe the quality of work
- Review budgets and cost control of the project (alongside the commercial team/manager)
- Optimize profitability to satisfy financial goals of the project
- Maintain Health and Safety standards and attend to any issues onsite in coordination with the WHSE Advisors
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the workforce, built on communication and consultation, in compliance with the applicable framework
- Manage Employee Relations across the project.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience delivering large scale projects
- Highly developed and analytical problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in contract, commercial and financial management
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, excellent stakeholder management and the ability to nurture client relationships.
- Understands and integrates appropriate project management tools and processes
- Applies the necessary requisite railway project management expertise
- Ability to manage and mitigate project risks
- Financial management and budgeting competence.
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture, and customer order fulfilment
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
How To Apply for the Project Manager (Rails) at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
Closing Date : 12th May. 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE