4Ward Development West Africa is seeking to hire a Facility Maintenance Officer.
4Ward Development West Africa (4WardWA) provides high-quality water services through kiosks, Pump Insurance (PiN), household and business connections, and packaged water services for wholesale, retail, and individual consumption.
- Under the supervision of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the FMO will supervise water treatment, storage and distribution within the sachet water production unit.
- He/She will ensure the plant’s operations are compliant with state regulation and supervise teams of staff including cleaning, loading
assistants and security.
- He / She will implement new policies, oversee machine maintenance, and also ensure that the facility meets government regulations, health and security standards.
- Additionally, the FMO will also manage the day-to-day interaction with customers including vendors and stakeholders and will work closely with the Sales and Distribution Officer on other activities carried out by the Products Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring the facility is well-maintained and conducting proactive maintenance.
- Ensure production processes run reliably and efficiently.
- Planning and organizing production schedules timely.
- Ensure finished products are sent to the warehouse.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to and the facility meets compliance standards and government regulations.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and ordering supplies needed for packaged water production, budgeting, and planning by forecasting the facility’s upcoming needs and requirements.
- Supervising teams of staff across different divisions and the work of the junior staff in the production unit.
- Generate weekly and monthly production reports.
- Carry out routine production equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Carry out in-house training for bagging machine operator staff.
- Any other assignment as may be given from time to time.
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS
- Competent writing and communication skills: The ability to communicate technical information.
- Procurement and negotiation: The ability to liaise with vendors, have procurement knowledge, and be cost-saving oriented
- Relationship-building: Customer, staff, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Time management skills: The ability to prioritize production schedules, multi-task, and be time efficient.
- Teamwork, leadership, and motivational skills: The ability to organize, manage and motivate the team to ensure productivity and service excellence.
- Report Writing: Effective and accurate sales/maintenance reports being produced on a timely basis.
See Also: New Job Opportunity At PassionAir
The Facility Maintenance Officer will report to the Sales, Marketing & Product Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum qualification of BSc/BA in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, and Operations, or a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a facility/maintenance support-related role is required.
- The ideal candidate must have a MINDSET of an entrepreneur.
Skills and competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.
- Should take a strategic approach to the planning and management of tasks.
- Data analytical minded with knowledge of the use of computers, preferably in a PC, or Windows-based operating environment, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to understand and follow, enforce specific instructions and safety procedures.
- Well-versed in facility management best practices.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, records maintenance skills, and finance principles.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in local dialects of the assigned area (Fante or Twi) required.
- Work Environment
- Office Environment; Must live in Daboase, Takoradi, and surrounding areas.
Physical Demands – Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 10 pounds. The total working hours in a week is 40 hours. Should work be done during evenings and weekends, the FMO will be compensated with an equal amount of time off.
Minimal travel is required for this role
Location: Daboase – Takoradi
How To Apply For The Facility Maintenance Officer Position At 4Ward Development
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter, and references to: HR@4ward.co
Closing Date: 10 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE