LetSheGo is looking to work with a new Head of Legal & Compliance. The purpose of this job is to be responsible for legal counsel and compliance including oversight on governance and adherence to country laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement Country Corporate Compliance Programme.
- Develop annual compliance framework
- Reports to the country CEO and Board of Directors regularly to review progress on programme implementation and establish improvement plans.
- Ensures adherence to local laws and regulatory requirements
- Ensures and monitors compliance with local and international laws/standards about Market Abuse, Insider Trading, Conflicts of Interests, Market Conduct, and Employee Compliance.
- Encourages staff to report suspected fraud or impropriety without fear of retaliation.
- Supervise compliance team
Check: Job Ad At Tophill Hospital
- Provide legal advice to the business including new and upcoming projects and initiatives.
- Provides legal advice for the business to grow within the regulatory framework.
- Provide company secretarial services to the Local Board.
- Assist with drafting, vetting and negotiating contracts.
- Provide legal representation for the business in legal proceedings or litigation.
- Providing legal support to HR: In-house disciplinary hearings.
- Liaising and assisting the Police during criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience across strategic and senior management functions in compliance management
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial/banking institutions or strategic advisory functions
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to execute effectively against strategy and exceed goals consistently.
- An LLB is required and a Master’s would be an added advantage. Member of law society/professional institute.
- Knowledge of country regulatory of the financial/banking services industry and legislation including microfinance.
- Good understanding of corporate governance, and regulatory and financial compliance requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform tasks with limited direction. Ease at managing competing demands and determining top priorities independently.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate and interact on behalf of the Executive Team with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with CEO, principals, and executive team members
- Ethical, proactive and initiative taking when completing tasks.
New Job Ads At Standard Chartered Bank
More Job Vacancies At Twellium Industrial
How To Submit Your Job Request To LetSheGo For The Head of Legal & Compliance Position
Interested employees should forward their applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th February, 2023
Standard Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE