Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. GIZ works project-based and has decentralized activities in Ghana. The Country Office (CO) is the governance and service structure of GIZ Ghana.
The position of an information security advisor is available at GIZ.
Scope of Role:
- The Information Security Officer (ISO) is responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining an information security management system at GIZ Ghana, in collaboration with the ISM team at Headquarters of GIZ in Germany.
- Based on the already introduced SOPs and measures The ISO is advising and supporting all units of the CO and the various projects of GIZ Ghana
Read On: Latest Job Vacancies At KNUST
- Implementing, coordinating, and continuously improving the GIZ Ghana information security management system
- Creating, coordinating, and revising information security policies and SOPs adapted to the context of GIZ Ghana.
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of information security measures in close alignment with management level and key stakeholders such as e.g., HQ-ISMT, IT Unit, Security Risk Advisor, and projects.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the information security system for revisions and audits and for ensuring the investigation of Information
security incidents & coordination of their reporting (reporting system)
- Recommending improvements and measures to mitigate incidents to the ISMS governance team.
- Preparation of and support the continuous improvement in order to pass the certification and surveillance audit.
- Provide guidance and support GIZ staff to implement information security best practices.
- Close interaction and communication to Headquarter ISM-Operations and relevant stakeholders.
- Establishing the local Information Security Risk Management (IRM) incl. risk register, risk assessment and risk treatment management
Qualification Required & Experience
- Masters/MSc degree in Information Security or Information Technology.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in an international organization.
- 3 years’ work experience in corporate risk management.
- Experience in vulnerability management.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO/IEC certification.
- Diligent, open minded and innovative and very good teamplayer.
- Very good communication skills towards different stakeholders
- Possess excellent social skills such as being pro-active and network effectively with all levels of expertise, extending from projects to GIZ-HQ.
- Handle objections and conflict objectively and effectively as well as persuade and manage people.
How To Apply For The Information Security Advisor Role At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/ISA-CO/05/07 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 20 July, 2023
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE