Here is the latest job vacancy at LINC. LINC is seeking to hire a MEL – Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist.
LINC is implementing the USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform activity in Ghana. This Activity will provide USAID/Ghana with expert monitoring, evaluation, and learning services for USAID/Ghana, offering high quality, demand-driven monitoring and evaluation technical assistance and analytical services to USAID/Ghana staff, implementing partners, and local country stakeholders that advance U.S. foreign policy goals and USAID’s strategic objectives in Ghana.
The Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist will provide project office leadership, day-to-day management of projects and personnel, and extensive technical support to the Platform in monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities and deliverables. While supporting the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist will focus primarily on ensuring exceptional technical delivery, including assessment and analysis of ongoing USAID activities in Ghana, and building the capacity of local staff, partners, and the Mission, its implementing partners, and its technical offices.
Read On: Job Opportunity At Morgan Philips
- Support the COP with overall leadership of the Platform, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, and operations, ensuring coordination among all components, and ensuring an office culture of quality, respect, and professionalism.
- Collaborate with LINC headquarters to ensure effective management of Platform activities and operations, and timely delivery of contract deliverables.
- Oversee the design, implementation, resourcing, and quality assurance of all assessments, performance and impact evaluations, and Data Quality Assessments.
- Design and ensure quality and appropriate sophistication of evaluation methodologies, data collection methods, instruments, and protocols for evaluations.
- Provide support to implementing partners in data collection, analysis, and presentation ensuring rigor and quality assurance; oversee any data collection and analysis carried out by the Platform.
- Provide training to implementing partners as needed.
- Draft technical scopes of work for and supervise the performance of consultants and subcontractors.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate learning activities for USAID staff and partners.
- Support the management, training, and mentoring of Platform staff.
- Coordinate and provide MEL technical assistance to USAID implementing partners and Ghanaian partner organizations.
- Coordinate and consult with USAID, the Government of Ghana, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required. Build a professional and consultative relationship with USAID, and in support of COP.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable USG, USAID, and LINC rules and regulations.
Required Skills or Experience
Skills and Qualifications
- An MA in evaluation, economics, international development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated experience supporting complex donor-funded activities in a team environment, ideally for USAID.
- At least five years of experience recruiting and successfully managing teams with an emphasis on quality products.
- Prior experience working in Ghana required, with a strong understanding of Ghana’s context and culture.
- Experience designing and managing impact and performance evaluations, analyses, and assessments, including experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, design of evaluation methodology; and data collection, methods, and verification. And related experience in appropriate methodologies and data analysis software, as well as data quality best practices.
- Familiarity with USAID’s collaborating, learning, and adapting framework required; familiarity with innovative MEL approaches preferred and USAID operational protocols/systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing learning and adaptive management approaches with USAID or other donors.
- Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Understanding of USAID regulations and policies, including but not limited to the Automated Directives System 201, Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance.
How To Apply For The job vacancy at LINC
Please send a resume/CV to GhanaMEL@linclocal.org by July 14, 2023, with the subject line “Ghana MEL – Deputy Chief of Party/Performance Monitoring Specialist”.
No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE