Here is the Latest Job Opening at EduSpots Ghana. EduSpots is seeking a regional coordinator.
About this position
The candidate will play an important position on the EduSpots staff, overseeing Spots in Ghana’s Central and Western Regions. As a Regional Coordinator, you will play a critical role in the development and implementation of systems, tools, and procedures that improve local Spot operations while aligning with the Dream Spot Model and our larger organizational goals. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a significant difference by assisting communities, encouraging volunteerism, and pushing good change in education.
For the most recent job opening, click here.
Principal roles and duties
- Contribute to the development and implementation of local Spot operations systems, tools, and procedures in accordance with the Dream Spot Model and organizational development.
- Assist communities in forming Spot committees and recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Aid communities in creating fundraising and collaboration initiatives.
- Assist all Spots in their respective Regions with mentorship.
- Support staff and volunteers by planning and overseeing the successful implementation of monthly challenges through the Spot Operations leadership program.
- Conduct bi-annual visits to Spots, interacting with volunteers and stakeholders and delivering full reports to management and the team.
- Work with the Head of Operations to help volunteers apply for, receive, and report on Spot development funding.
- Contribute to the production of stories highlighting new EduSpots communities or Spots.
- Aid in the monitoring and evaluation of Spot activities and operations, which may include the development and testing of an EduSpots app.
- Assist in the planning of regional and national volunteer training activities.
- Observe, review, and analyze processes throughout EduSpots and Spots, identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions to the team.
- Support the safeguarding strategy’s execution by verifying Spot compliance and reporting any problems to the safeguarding leads.
- This job description will be evaluated on an annual basis and may be amended or modified at any time in agreement with the postholder. It is not a comprehensive list of procedures and activities, but it does outline the role’s core expectations.
Required Qualifications or Experience
We are seeking someone who possesses the following qualities:
- At least two years of community development experience is required.
- A strong dedication to EduSpots’ goal, vision, and values.
- Experience in community development, volunteer management, and fundraising is required.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- The ability to effectively mentor and support personnel and volunteers.
- Experience with process monitoring and evaluation.
- Working in a dynamic and diversified workplace requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Knowledge of schooling is advantageous, especially in a community-based system.
- An understanding of safeguarding concepts and the competence to verify compliance are required.
- Multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong IT expertise and basic design abilities are required, as well as a willingness and capacity to learn.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- A sincere dedication to educational justice and community-led transformation
- Strong operational abilities, as well as good organizational and time management abilities.
- Proactive and capable of working in an impact-driven atmosphere to maintain a high degree of performance with minimal supervision
- Solid communication skills, the capacity to develop solid working connections with people from all backgrounds, and an openness to new ways of working are required.
- A team player who believes in the significance of collaborative learning methodologies.
- A deep personal connection to the purpose, vision, and values of EduSpots
- Working experience with an education NGO or in education in general.
- Working experience in a multicultural team
- Volunteer experience and dedication.
- A bachelor’s degree
How to Apply for the Latest Job Opening at EduSpots Ghana
Please send a bespoke cover letter and CV to Miss Cat Davison, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th December 2023.
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian-registered charity that connects, trains and equips volunteer community educators to create transformative literacy and STEM opportunities through education spaces called ‘Spots’, with a focus on female empowerment and environmental action. We are building a movement of community-based changemakers.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE