The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Here is the latest job vacancy at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO). FAO is seeking to hire an Investment Support Officer.
The post is located in the West and Central Africa Service (CFIE) of the FAO Investment Centre (CFI) and is based in the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) in Accra, Ghana.
For the most recent job opening, click here.
The Investment Support Officer reports to the Chief, West and Central Africa Service (CFIE) of the FAO Investment Centre (CFI) and works in collaboration with the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative for Africa (RAF).
Provide analytical and technical support for the formulation, implementation and evaluation of investment policies, strategies, programmes and projects in any of the following areas: agricultural and rural development, economic and financial issues, agribusiness development, access to markets, private sector development, sustainable natural resources management, land tenure, land administration, sustainable livestock management, agricultural services, rural institutions, resilience and risk management, water resources management, irrigation, drainage and rural infrastructure.
Delivering investment and finance support solutions through the provision of technical expertise and support to capacity development, in collaboration with country stakeholders and cooperating partners, to achieve impact at scale in the transformation of agrifood systems within the scope of the FAO Strategic Framework.
- Participates in, and eventually leads multidisciplinary teams to assist governments in the identification and preparation of investment and finance support initiatives in the fields of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing, and participates in pre-appraisal and appraisal missions.
- Participates in, and eventually leads multidisciplinary teams for the implementation support and the preparation of final evaluation of investment and finance support solutions.
- Provides technical expertise for the preparation of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing studies and strategies, in the formulation of national sector and/or sub-sector investment policies, plans and programmes.
- Supports the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems involving producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, and civil society organizations and governments.
- Formulates and delivers capacity development initiatives in the areas of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment support to government staff, and non-state actors and private sector organizations.
- Prepares documents in accordance with FAO, governments and financing partners’ requirements.
- Provides support in task organization, selection of consultants, preparation of terms of reference and in ensuring the quality of outputs.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration leading to new investment opportunities and cooperative agreements, advocates best practices and effective policy dialogue and provides technical expertise at international meetings.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains relationships with relevant Programme Priority Areas, FAO technical units and Decentralized Offices in order to ensure best synergies between investment, policy and innovation work in support to Members.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate Strategy.
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics, agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, agribusiness management, natural resource management, irrigation and drainage engineering, rural infrastructure engineering, social sciences, business administration or a related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience in conducting agricultural/rural sector/subsector analytical studies, and/or in planning, design, supervision of agricultural and rural investment operations, including elaboration of feasibility studies and implementation of agricultural and rural investment operations in developing countries and/or countries in transition.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of French and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of English.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in formulation, implementation support or evaluation of strategies, policies, studies and investment programmes in food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing.
- Extent and relevance of experience in participating in, and eventually leading, multidisciplinary teams for the preparation of strategies, sector studies, and investment programmes.
- Extent and relevance of experience with FAO’s main development partners, in particular the World Bank, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and other partner International Financial Institutions.
- Knowledge of the context as well as partners and institutions of the specific subregion would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with government officials, development partners and other country stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to write technical reports in French.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English would be an asset.
You May Also Like:
How To Apply: Latest Job Vacancy at FAO
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
Closing Date: 14/Dec/2023, 10:59:00 PM
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE